LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 212 users in the forums

Steve Spurrier thinks Alabama could compete in NFL right now

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
No, they can not.

Yes, they can. This is apparently the weakest of the past 4 Alabama teams. 2009 and 2011 Alabama would hold their own against the worst NFL offense.

people be pwned here.
Baba would like just like ND tonight if they played an NFL team. lol
lol

No way my man. You are talking about 18-21 year olds vs fully grown adult males. Who the f**k is going to tackle Adrian Peterson on Alabama?

Ray Lewis could kill some of these guys, on the field that is.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
lol

No way my man. You are talking about 18-21 year olds vs fully grown adult males. Who the f**k is going to tackle Adrian Peterson on Alabama?

What are you talking about. The question is Bama vs. the worst NFL offense. Cmon we're not that stoopid.

Plus 18-21 year old can lay a whoopin on even the most fit "adult" males. Look at Mike Tyson, look at a lot of MMA fighters, and look at a lot of rookies in the NFL today :)
lol

What are you talking about. The question is Bama vs. the worst NFL offense. Cmon we're not that stoopid.

Plus 18-21 year old can lay a whoopin on even the most fit "adult" males. Look at Mike Tyson, look at a lot of MMA fighters, and look at a lot of rookies in the NFL today :)

Lol. Their advantage is their size and speed. That won't be the case against any NFL team.
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Quote:
Bryan Fischer ‏@BryanDFischer

LaMichael James was asked by @GenoEspn about Alabama: "I do believe Alabama could beat an NFL team too." Think that's out the window.

What does LaMichael know about playing in the NFL

no wonder why this guy isn't active.. dudes an idiot if he really believes that
LOL EGG ON YO FACE NOW.

I feel sorry for you if you think Alabama could beat an NFL team
lol

Maybe one or two guys in College who are elite can match up with NFL players, but if you have to throw 22 guys out there, more often then not, a guy in the NFL is going to dominate whoever he is facing.

These guys don't train, and aren't allowed to, harder then NFL players. They don't eat as good and probably most drink beer and party etc...
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Jan 7, 2013 at 9:48 PM ]
The question is who would win, Crimson Tides or Miami Hurricanes with Gore, Dorsey, Andre Johnson, Clinton Portis, Ed Reed, Mike Rumph, Sean Taylor, Reggie Wayne , Santana Moss? My money is on the canes all day err'day!!! Now if they say that Miami teams can compete with any team in the NFL, I would believe it. That squad was really sick that they can beat the Cincinatti Bengals pre Carson Palmer and even the Chargers pre LT and Brees.
They can beat the Raiders
The very BEST college team would get absolutely DESTROYED by the very WORST nfl team. No question.

If Alabama played the Kansas City Chiefs, in Alabama? The Chiefs would probably win 56-3.

Even the best college teams only have a couple players who will even be NFL caliber someday. Most of the team are guys who just dont have what it takes to be successful at that next level. the battle of the trenches would be totally dominated by the NFL team.

Its literally a matchup of men against boys. Spurrier is an idiot for even suggesting it, even if he was just trying to pump up his team.

Don't say that to the 2002 Miami Hurricanes. To me it's the only college team that can beat an NFL team.
A great college team would never beat a bad NFL team. I wonder how a college All Star team would do against the Jags? That is a far more interesting question.
Best example to squash this disillusionment is to look at one of the best college teams ever...the Matt Leinart/Reggie Bush USC team...

Put those two on a team now and they're lucky to win 3 games

Vince Young put in one of the most dominant QB performances in NCAA history...how's he doing?

Chris Leak, Eric Crouch...both tried to crack a CFL roster and ultimately failed...

Originally posted by Grifter420:
The question is who would win, Crimson Tides or Miami Hurricanes with Gore, Dorsey, Andre Johnson, Clinton Portis, Ed Reed, Mike Rumph, Sean Taylor, Reggie Wayne , Santana Moss? My money is on the canes all day err'day!!! Now if they say that Miami teams can compete with any team in the NFL, I would believe it. That squad was really sick that they can beat the Cincinatti Bengals pre Carson Palmer and even the Chargers pre LT and Brees.

Put those players on a team with college level d and o lines and see how well they do...

Gore wouldn't make it out of the backfield and Dorsey would have 2 seconds to throw

Besides, those guys as college players aren't the same as those guys as pro's.
  • titan
  • Veteran
My high school team could compete in the NFL too! We will all probably broken and paralyzed.
Share 49ersWebzone