LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 254 users in the forums

Steve Spurrier thinks Alabama could compete in NFL right now

Shop 49ers game tickets
Year in and year out the NFL drafts the best college players around the country, therefore even the worst team in the NFL has quality players.

To think that a College team could beat the worst in the NFL is preposterous.

But this kind of thinking isn't anything new since I've heard it time and time again through the years.
let 'Bama play against an LFL team....ensue the pregnancies
Ask one of the best college players how the the NFL and college compare. Mr Timmy Tebow. Heisman winner and candidate year after year. Whats that Tim? Your the back up to Mark Sanchez? One of the worst QBs in Football? Well Tim you still have the Lord.
the talent difference is just absurb. 3rd and 4th stringers in the NFL were the "studs" in college. its not even close. i would spot 'Bama Tom Brady, give them homefield advantage in Qwest Stadium, and the Browns/Raiders/??? would still win.
[ Edited by Sinsation on Nov 2, 2012 at 6:07 PM ]
I think he's right. They are loaded and Saban has them coached up. I'll pick on KC. The Chiefs may have better players, but they're a mess. They're unprepared and inefficient. The players can't even operate in the offense.
Originally posted by stonecold590:
Ask one of the best college players how the the NFL and college compare. Mr Timmy Tebow. Heisman winner and candidate year after year. Whats that Tim? Your the back up to Mark Sanchez? One of the worst QBs in Football? Well Tim you still have the Lord.

Even that bum took a bad NFL team to the playoffs running a "college-style" offense.
I think they can beat the jags
Saban's pro style 3-4 defense would hold their own against the Chief's offense. I'll give them that at least that.
Thats like saying Nate Davis, Tim Tebow and Colin Kaepernick can play QB right now.
I think bama can beat the Jags or Browns once out of 20 games or so. Still would be very hard to beat a pro team

says the man who was chewed up by the NFL
Originally posted by kronik:
I think bama can beat the Jags or Browns once out of 20 games or so. Still would be very hard to beat a pro team

not even if they played 100 times.... NEVER. NEVER could a college team beat a pro team EVER. PERIOD.

The thought that they could is just laughable, seriously......
I think that if Vegas could set up a game between the Chiefs or the Jags versus bama and told Spurier to put his money where his mouth is, his tune would change real quick. TALK IS CHEAP.
They would crush the '04 San Francisco 49ers.

Just like the '04 USC squad would have crushed the '04 San Francisco 49ers.
maybe against the Jags and thats about it lol
Share 49ersWebzone