LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

*** WEEK 9 NFL GAMEDAY THREAD 11/1 - 11/5 ***

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Poor Matt Cassell. He's really not that bad.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
OMG... Battle just crushed a Chief at the end of the run. I want that guy on the Niners.

We have that guy. His name is Jacobs. The coaching staff feels he doesn't need to be out there.

yall remember what Jerry Rice said last year?

Jerry Rice: Brandon Jacobs 'a little bit soft'

"That goes to San Francisco," Rice said on SportsCenter, of rain favoring the Niners. "I like Ahmad Bradshaw, I like Brandon Jacobs but I feel like Brandon Jacobs is a little bit soft." "He can't get away from a defender," Rice continued. "This guy is 265 and it upsets me when I see him get tackled by a guy that's like 190 or 200 pounds."
Originally posted by vaden:

Alex threw a lot of those to Crabtree a couple years back.

Really? Because his whole career in KC proves otherwise.
That look like one of Crabtree's tip some years ago. Soo familiar
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
OMG... Battle just crushed a Chief at the end of the run. I want that guy on the Niners.

We have that guy. His name is Jacobs. The coaching staff feels he doesn't need to be out there.

"That goes to San Francisco," Rice said on SportsCenter, of rain favoring the Niners. "I like Ahmad Bradshaw, I like Brandon Jacobs but I feel like Brandon Jacobs is a little bit soft." "He can't get away from a defender," Rice continued. "This guy is 265 and it upsets me when I see him get tackled by a guy that's like 190 or 200 pounds."

I still doubt he's a worse short-yardage back than Gore or Hunter. Both have improved, but still aren't as good as Jacobs was last season. But I guess Harbaugh thinks he's regressed.
  • vaden
  • Veteran

He was very good in 2010. Clearly he's sub-par, but there are a lot of other problems making him look worse, as evidenced by the 8 tipped INTs this season.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

Alex threw a lot of those to Crabtree a couple years back.

Sure did, and Alex took all the blame in the media, just as Mayock noted Cassel will.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Cassell is about Alex skill level.
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
Cassell is about Alex skill level.

NOW I AM REALLY ANGRY!!!!!

oh wait.. no I'm not. .. you can do better than that. Stir harder !!!

Rivers 18/20 for 220, 2TD, 1INT, 125 rating.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 1, 2012 at 8:15 PM ]

He was very good in 2010. Clearly he's sub-par, but there are a lot of other problems making him look worse, as evidenced by the 8 tipped INTs this season.

I've visited the Chiefs forums every now and then....and they constantly say how Cassell is going to get his receivers killed (like we used to say about Alex years back) because he is throwing too high and is generally inaccurate.

Romeo Crennell should NOT have accepted this coaching position if he knew the Chiefs were hell bent on making Cassell work. They played their best when Crennell took over and they had Kyle Orton leading the offense, with that good defense.

but no they got rid of Orton because they didn't want Cassell looking over his shoulder...the team invested alot of money into Cassell. and this year Crennel was forced to go to the backup since Cassell was sucking it up.....Brady f'n Quinn .....Crennell will get fired and that was probably his last chance at getting/keeping a HCing job.

This story sounds so familiar.

I've visited the Chiefs forums every now and then....and they constantly say how Cassell is going to get his receivers killed (like we used to say about Alex years back) because he is throwing too high and is generally inaccurate.

Romeo Crennell should NOT have accepted this coaching position if he knew the Chiefs were hell bent on making Cassell work. They played their best when Crennell took over and they had Kyle Orton leading the offense, with that good defense.

but no they got rid of Orton because they didn't want Cassell looking over his shoulder...the team invested alot of money into Cassell. and this year Crennel was forced to go to the backup since Cassell was sucking it up.....Brady f'n Quinn .....Crennell will get fired and that was probably his last chance at getting/keeping a HCing job.

There's even more similarity. Checkout Brian Daboll their OC A fatter, slightly more experienced Hostler.

LINK
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 1, 2012 at 8:27 PM ]
  • vaden
  • Veteran

As I said, he's sub-par. He's just not terrible. He's far superior to Brady Quinn, but I'd def take Orton over him.

Quote:

That comment made no sense. He's soft yet his reasoning is he can't get away from people(hinting speed or quickness may be the problem) then lists his weight lol

Oh Jerry stick to playing football
Share 49ersWebzone