There are 219 users in the forums

Mike Holmgren out as Browns President

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Newly approved owner Jimmy Haslam has replaced Mike Holmgren with Joe Banner.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Technicality, hasn't officially been replaced yet.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8511711/mike-holmgren-cleveland-browns-sale-official-sources-say
Originally posted by Janitor:

good for him.
I guess it was just a matter of time.
Holmgren can coach but he's not a front office guy. He should have just done what Reid, Shanahan, and Belichick do and take the role of VP of Operations. Appoint his own GM, coach the team, and have final say on football matters. He tried to do it all with Seattle at first but you can't be the GM and Coach. You have to delegate the responsibility of GM for day to day personnel matters and contract negotiations. I kind of laughed when browns fans were all jacked up about getting Holmgren as President. I knew it was a matter of time before he would get s**t canned. Nothing in his track record showed he was any good at drafting or landing free agents.
Originally posted by Janitor:

Lame duck coach can't be far behind then. They're starting over. Again. In Cleveland.

One of the best jokes I ever heard about the Cleveland Browns franchise is when Drew Carey, when he was still doing standup comedy, took a wooden coat rack on stage and twirled it a little bit to where it knocked back and forth and said: "this is my impression of Bernie Kosar, scrambling."
Udonis Haslem
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
The city of Cleveland is one of the few things I feel truly sorry for in life. I couldn't imagine being a sports fan there. For 50 years it's just been one long heart stomping. That team left, then won the SB a few years later, to be replaced by the most pathetic team in sports since. Jordan eviscerated them in basketball when they had a chance, they hit the lotto with a local kid who then won a ring right after leaving. I honestly hope this new owner turns things around for them, at this point it's just sad.
Originally posted by TX9R:
The city of Cleveland is one of the few things I feel truly sorry for in life. I couldn't imagine being a sports fan there. For 50 years it's just been one long heart stomping. That team left, then won the SB a few years later, to be replaced by the most pathetic team in sports since. Jordan eviscerated them in basketball when they had a chance, they hit the lotto with a local kid who then won a ring right after leaving. I honestly hope this new owner turns things around for them, at this point it's just sad.

At least Cleveland is the home of the Bone Thugs & Harmony who won some grammy awards, I believe. There's always a bright side.

Well, as the song said, at least it's not Detroit.

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Mike Holmgren as the future Cowboys head coach? It could happen.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
they need to get Cowher... or my best bet is they hire Reid after the season if he's fired from Philly.
no one curr
  • dj43
He didn't get it done. The hype was was better than the performance. Some bad draft picks have hampered Shurmur's talent to build an offense, hence the team is not only bad but boring.
Originally posted by English:

Well, as the song said, at least it's not Detroit.

Lol I was going to post the same thing
Share 49ersWebzone