LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 178 users in the forums

Carroll wishes he'd thought of Schiano's approach to kneeldowns

Shop 49ers game tickets
I don't see nothing wrong with what Schiano did, and I hope we do that same thing if we are down a 1 score.
Carroll is a tool masquerading as an NFL head coach...he's got a number of borderline dirty players, who will get theirs when the real officials return. They should be 1-2, but rec'd a gift from the masquerading officials last night. I know Seahawk fans who can't stand him...that about says it all.
schiano did it to the cowboys. he's legit

http://www.nfl.com/videos/tampa-bay-buccaneers/0ap2000000064760/Schiano-does-it-again

i freaking love it
[ Edited by schmons on Sep 25, 2012 at 2:49 PM ]
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
If you are down one score might as well try it.

But if down multiple scores, its time to accept defeat.

Its like intentionally fouling in basket ball when you are down 10 with 20 sec left. Its over

Yeah, this seems the most reasonable.

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
I didn't see this play, but why is it considered a cheap shot?

I'm imagining a typical kneel down, but where the defense actually comes through and strips the ball, intead of standing there accepting defeat. Why is that wrong?
In my head, that is a great play.

Now, if the game is out of reach, yeah, I could see how that could be considered cheap.

5 seconds on the clock, pretty much out of reach.

Not a cheap shot at all. Anyone remember The Miracle at the Meadowlands? Same stupid team couldn't get a simple snap off, fumbled and LOST. The bucs didn't attempt to injure or sack the QB, just tried to interrupt the snap and possibly cause a fumble. That turnip-head manning was never touched.
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Schiano said they caused 4 fumbled in the last 5 years with that play. I wouldn't stop doing it either. If there's time on the clock you do whatever you can to win the game especially if its a 1 score game

and why no film on these?
Carol is a douche, but as far as the kneel down goes, if my team is down by two score, well go ahead and kneel, but if it's two points and the ball is in my field goal range...I might send the dogs and see what happens.
Carroll did not pull a Schiano on the kneeldown vs. STL, why would he lie and say he would when he clearly wouldn't??
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
If you are down one score might as well try it.

But if down multiple scores, its time to accept defeat.

Its like intentionally fouling in basket ball when you are down 10 with 20 sec left. Its over

Yeah, this seems the most reasonable.

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
I didn't see this play, but why is it considered a cheap shot?

I'm imagining a typical kneel down, but where the defense actually comes through and strips the ball, intead of standing there accepting defeat. Why is that wrong?
In my head, that is a great play.

Now, if the game is out of reach, yeah, I could see how that could be considered cheap.

5 seconds on the clock, pretty much out of reach.

Not a cheap shot at all. Anyone remember The Miracle at the Meadowlands? Same stupid team couldn't get a simple snap off, fumbled and LOST. The bucs didn't attempt to injure or sack the QB, just tried to interrupt the snap and possibly cause a fumble. That turnip-head manning was never touched.

it is a very very cheap play... not because you try to force a fumble... but the defensive line chopped at the knees of the offense... you don't do that in the nfl that's a brilliant way to get someone injured and at the end of the game its unnecessary and i know they were trying to chop at the knees because you can look at #21 on the bottom end of the line who went after the tackle (missed) and never got higher than thigh level... do i think trying to force a fumble is a good idea? yeah i think it's brilliant! BUT when you go after the knees like that that's dirty and unneeded
Cowboys did it on Monday lol
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i dare carroll to try that when were in our victory formation. harbaugh will bring a garbage can with him and can his ass midfield

Easy fix to stopping this crap!!!! Just line up in shotgun or punt formation and have your punter or qb kneel it down behind the LOS.
Originally posted by YungBird:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i dare carroll to try that when were in our victory formation. harbaugh will bring a garbage can with him and can his ass midfield

Originally posted by JBrack:
Easy fix to stopping this crap!!!! Just line up in shotgun or punt formation and have your punter or qb kneel it down behind the LOS.

Ya that's a brilliant plan. Nothing more risky then a long snap.

I'd rather take my chances under center.

What I'd really like to see is a nice throw from the victory formation for a score to rub it in Sciano's face.
Originally posted by kingairta:
Ya that's a brilliant plan. Nothing more risky then a long snap.

I'd rather take my chances under center.

What I'd really like to see is a nice throw from the victory formation for a score to rub it in Sciano's face.

Nothing more risky than a long snap? When was the last time you saw Andy Lee fumble a snap from our pro bowl long snapper? Not only that but teams like the pats run shotgun formation 70% of the time. Truth be told, its not much risk at all.
Carroll wishes he was a douchebag?

Wish granted.
Share 49ersWebzone