LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 244 users in the forums

Forbes: Vernon Davis #9 most overpaid player in NFL

Shop 49ers game tickets
Mercedes Lewis makes that much money? Whoa!
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
One tidbit, I find it funny, Zach Miller, making 9M, isn't considered overpaid, he hasn't done crap for Seattle.

Great reasoning by Forbes.
He's the most explosive player we have on offense BY FAR. Without him our offense would really suck....
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He's the most explosive player we have on offense BY FAR. Without him our offense would really suck....

He only has 4 out of our 5 passing touchdowns

Originally posted by lordfangio:
Originally posted by English:
To be honest I consider every NFL player to be ridiculously overpaid. Ludicrously so.

But in comparison with other NFL players, no. Kolb!!!!

I think basketball and baseball players are way more overpaid...in your opinion, what do you think market value for the average NFL player, who works 50-60 hours a week for all but at MOST a couple weeks out of the year, AND who puts his body in SERIOUS jeopardy all the time (and the post-40 quality of life sacrifice), AND has to not be around family much for a good half of the year, should be? Not to mention they are the moneymakers for a multi multi multi billion dollar industry. If you were a key component of a multi multi multi billion dollar industry, wouldn't you expect to be compensated with a 7 figure annual salary?

Nice twist. And if you were working down a mine, for example, what would your compensation expectations be? Or for the Police, Armed Forces or such like?

Ludicrously overpaid.
funny.
Makes sense
Share 49ersWebzone