There are 274 users in the forums

Forbes: Vernon Davis #9 most overpaid player in NFL

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
does Forbes know there's a backup QB in seattle making $26 mill over 3 years???

looks like QBs weren't apart of this list... You could probably name 10 QBs overpaid.
That list is ridiculous how does Kolb not make that list and Miller hasnt done crap for seattle but VD is overpaid. Wateva forbes is smoking it must be amazing lol
So their argument is that he hasn't matched his then record equalling season of 2009? They should stay tuned. 3TDs in 2 games and he looks like he'll have a monster year!
Originally posted by Jcool:

looks like QBs weren't apart of this list... You could probably name 10 QBs overpaid.

true. because there's another on in arizona.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
how much is fkn tebow making??
Originally posted by Jcool:

haha Manning should be on the list if they put qb's 20 million a season for a guy coming off neck surgery, and missed the 2012 season!
Originally posted by English:
To be honest I consider every NFL player to be ridiculously overpaid. Ludicrously so.

But in comparison with other NFL players, no. Kolb!!!!

I think basketball and baseball players are way more overpaid...in your opinion, what do you think market value for the average NFL player, who works 50-60 hours a week for all but at MOST a couple weeks out of the year, AND who puts his body in SERIOUS jeopardy all the time (and the post-40 quality of life sacrifice), AND has to not be around family much for a good half of the year, should be? Not to mention they are the moneymakers for a multi multi multi billion dollar industry. If you were a key component of a multi multi multi billion dollar industry, wouldn't you expect to be compensated with a 7 figure annual salary?
Forbes credibility stands with the corporate world and finances on Wall street. Football, NO! Vernon Davis is worth every penny. Gronk and Hernandez are more so over paid.
So I guess they don't consider blocking as a part of a tight ends value whatsoever?
My guess is that this article has more to do with a players position payment in regards to other players of the same position in the NFL. No necessarily their worth compared to paycheck.

Vernon and overpaid do not belong in the same sentence. The guy is worth every penny. In fact, compared to #'s 1-8 on that list, Vernon is a huge bargain.
i'd pay 9 million to anyone who makes that catch in the playoffs last year sooooooooooooooooo clutch and so strong
Originally posted by DirtyP:
So I guess they don't consider blocking as a part of a tight ends value whatsoever?

What is "blocking?" Is that one of those "old-fashioned" football things that the 49ers do?
If VD were a FA - how many teams would pay him more?

My guess, almost all of them.
yeah, well wait until they see his next contract...
Share 49ersWebzone