There are 152 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Forbes: Vernon Davis #9 most overpaid player in NFL

Did they purposely leave QBs off the list? Or are they really saying Kevin Kolb isn't one of the most overpaid players in the NFL?

Also should be on the list: Mario Williams, Ray Edwards, Eric Wright, Antrel Rolle
Lol

They look at stats.

Too bad there is no stat for a TE who can pown defensive ends and olbs blocking and burn DBs in the pass game
Originally posted by blacksailsmd:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Forbes is now immediately un-credible for any further thing it says.

haha. THIS!

I also wonder what makes forbes a good source for analysis, I understand the money thing, sure they value teams, but how players?
Pssst underpaid!
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
One tidbit, I find it funny, Zach Miller, making 9M, isn't considered overpaid, he hasn't done crap for Seattle.

5 year, $34m deal = 6.8 million per
Originally posted by Jcool:
One tidbit, I find it funny, Zach Miller, making 9M, isn't considered overpaid, he hasn't done crap for Seattle.

5 year, $34m deal = 6.8 million per

I'm talking about for 2012, these numbers are based on 2012 numbers. and Miller makes around $9m this year.
Cut him.
This is not a stats team, we are about winning and so is Vernon. We are not pass happy, we are balanced and so is Vernon. He is the most gifted TE as far as running, blocking, and catching and he is faster and stronger than any other. Add to that, when the games count and are big he delivers when we call his number. There aren't many WRs that are as big a threat as him in this league. This guy is argueably the most important piece to our offensive attack. I would say we have him at good value for what he means to this team and the way we play. I swear some people must've just started to follow this team
To be honest I consider every NFL player to be ridiculously overpaid. Ludicrously so.

But in comparison with other NFL players, no. Kolb!!!!
some nerd probably just put together some formula that compared players salary to the amount of times they touch the ball or score. Whether it be TD's, sacks or INT's.
i agree this is just stupid. IMO he is the best all around TE in the game. Lets not forget he is the best blocking TE in the game. I guess Forbes overlook that among other things.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
I'm talking about for 2012, these numbers are based on 2012 numbers. and Miller makes around $9m this year.

6 million for 2012

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/zach-miller/
Originally posted by modninerfan:
They are wrong about VD, Joseph and McFadden IMO

this
and i dont like the raiders
does Forbes know there's a backup QB in seattle making $26 mill over 3 years???
Why there is no QB on the list? There are quite a few of those guys who should have been on the list too.