2012 Pick 'Em Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:
Originally posted by jrg:
Update?

Maybe, too much VICTORY celebrating ...
That said -- I'd venture to state -- you're still in 1st place. Any chance I had at drawing even,
died when I changed the pick from the Raven, to the Broncos.

Most of the Pick'em player below you (in the standings), went 2 for 2 on the weekend. You and I,
went 3 for 1 ... I'm sure, there were those that picked a perfect card of games. Only problem for them,
they cannot affect the outcome of this contest.

With just 3 games to pick from, and with not many variables with regard to the outcomes, I'd say
it fairly safe to state that YOU, will win this thing. Could be wrong ... but IMO, I just don't see it any
other way.

We'll see!
Update?

That said -- I'd venture to state -- you're still in 1st place. Any chance I had at drawing even,

Most of the Pick'em player below you (in the standings), went 2 for 2 on the weekend. You and I,
went 3 for 1 ... I'm sure, there were those that picked a perfect card of games. Only problem for them,

With just 3 games to pick from, and with not many variables with regard to the outcomes, I'd say
it fairly safe to state that YOU, will win this thing. Could be wrong ... but IMO, I just don't see it any
other way.

We'll see!

If I was in Flayva Meister shoes, I would be picking the opposite team that JRG picks in the AFC Championship game. So if JRG picks the Patriots, if i'm Flayva Meister, I would pick the Ravens, even though the Patriots have a better shot at winning but hope the Ravens can pull of the big upset.

I noticed, that the standings haven't been updated and still can't make our picks for the conference championship game
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfgiantdave:
Update?

other way.

We'll see!

If I was in Flayva Meister shoes, I would be picking the opposite team that JRG picks in the AFC Championship game. So if JRG picks the Patriots, if i'm Flayva Meister, I would pick the Ravens, even though the Patriots have a better shot at winning but hope the Ravens can pull of the big upset.

I noticed, that the standings haven't been updated and still can't make our picks for the conference championship game

Yep. Waiting for them to be updated.

My picks are 49ers and Patriots

That's what I will be picking too but if I was just one game back, I would roll the dice and pick the Ravens knowing that would be my best shot at evening things up.
I had a hunch last week and thought the Ravens would upset the Broncos. However, I went with my brain and not with my gut feeling. Went with the Broncos. We know how that turned out.

Same feeling this week. My gut is telling me to pick the Ravens, however, I don't see them beating the Patriots. At least I've got some time to think about it.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Still no update.
The Updater, Un-died ... all updated and ready for picks
  • jrg
  • Veteran
The Updater, Un-died ... all updated and ready for picks

• jrg
  • Veteran
49ers and Ravens I picked.

So Flava, you have to pick the Ravens to just tie.

You gonna pick against the 49ers?

What made you change your mind ... just curious?

I NEVER pick against The Niners, even when I know we don't stand a chance.

As I mentioned in a previous post, "Any chance I had at drawing even, died when I changed the pick from
the Raven, to the Broncos". Had I stayed pat last week, we'd be looking at a tie right now. All-in-all, it's been
FUN. There was a point this season, when I was 10 Games back in the standings.

As not to miss any Pick'em (in any given week), I tick all 17 weeks at the beginning of the season. Always
choose the Home-teams, and the Niners. Then about an hour before kick-off, I make any needed tweaks
I deem necessary. When I moved from SF to Helsinki, Europe changed the clocks from Standard Time to DST
and back again, a week before North America.

When the USA changed the dates for switching the clocks from DST to ST -- a few years back -- it placed the
USA one week behind Europe in the Fall. Just as I did last season, I spaced this bit of info out. Because I forgot
about the time change, I couldn't tweak any of the early games (which had started an hour earlier), and fell five more
games behind the five I was already back.

Almost quit the Pick'em, thinking there was no way I could make up ten games. Sat down did a little figuring,
and realised that if I could steal a game per/week on the top 3 players at that time ... then going into week 15/16
I'd be in good shape ... worked out just like I planned ;D

What made you change your mind ... just curious?

I NEVER pick against The Niners, even when I know we don't stand a chance.

As I mentioned in a previous post, "Any chance I had at drawing even, died when I changed the pick from
the Raven, to the Broncos". Had I stayed pat last week, we'd be looking at a tie right now. All-in-all, it's been
FUN. There was a point this season, when I was 10 Games back in the standings.

As not to miss any Pick'em (in any given week), I tick all 17 weeks at the beginning of the season. Always
choose the Home-teams, and the Niners. Then about an hour before kick-off, I make any needed tweaks
I deem necessary. When I moved from SF to Helsinki, Europe changed the clocks from Standard Time to DST
and back again, a week before North America.

When the USA changed the dates for switching the clocks from DST to ST -- a few years back -- it placed the
USA one week behind Europe in the Fall. Just as I did last season, I spaced this bit of info out. Because I forgot
about the time change, I couldn't tweak any of the early games (which had started an hour earlier), and fell five more
games behind the five I was already back.

Almost quit the Pick'em, thinking there was no way I could make up ten games. Sat down did a little figuring,
and realised that if I could steal a game per/week on the top 3 players at that time ... then going into week 15/16
I'd be in good shape ... worked out just like I planned ;D

he already said he is going to copy your picks. You dont stand a chance
Originally posted by valrod33:
he already said he is going to copy your picks. You dont stand a chance

It is what it is ... I ain't mad, just a contest. On the bold, I actually do. I could force a tie,
but you know what that means. A 6th Lombardi, is more important than tying jrg ... and
then seeing how the tie breaker would work-out.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
FlavaMeister has informed me PM that he has no intentions of making a pick for the SB.

I WIN!

Perfect time to win. Now we need to win the SB so I can get some gear!
  • jrg
  • Veteran
No SB gear
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Just ordered my stuff. Thanks a lot, David!

Look forward to next season!
Share 49ersWebzone