LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 140 users in the forums

Which coach gets fired this year?

Shop 49ers game tickets
For Sure

Pat Shurmur - Will probably be fired during bye week
Andy Reid - Enough already - announce your engagement to Michael Vick.
Jason Garrett - Terrible head coach, Jerry Jones should fire him tomorrow - but he looks like he could be Jones' son so who knows.
Ron Rivera - Confused. Fighting for his job, but too late
Ken Whisenhunt - He looks like and his name sounds like a Nascar driver - that might be his next gig.
Mike Munchak - No personality, no fire - His team is a reflection of this.
Norv Turner - I have nothing else to say about this turkey.
Romeo Crennel - One and done. 27-47 as a head coach - go back to being a defensive coordinator
Mike Shannahan - The game has passed him by. He gave up on the season - it'll come bite him in the ass. Thanks for giving your son a job.

Most Probable

Chan Gailey - If he doesn't fire his defensive coordinator, but the owner will probably not have the patience
Marvin Lewis - If he doesn't make the playoffs - 3 winning seasons in the last 10 and all were wild cards and he lost each one. Should have been fired already
Joe Vitt - If Sean Payton does not come back - not his fault.

On the Bubble

Leslie Frazier - His team is going south
Mike "Full of" Mularkey - Even though first year - bad hire.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
No way the Bengals fire Lewis after they just made the playoffs last year... it's not how Mike Brown does it. Everyone else, well... I have a feeling there's going to be a ton of coaching changes in the off-season to come (10 or more). It's overdue
bump.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
bump.

Didn't we just start a thread for this?
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
bump.

yeah, but looking back at some of the pre/early season predictions could be interesting.

just saying.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
bump.

yeah, but looking back at some of the pre/early season predictions could be interesting.

just saying.

Had to wait until I was writing a long post in the other thread, didn't you...
Reposting in the new/old thread....

Fired coaches I think will get HC jobs again this year:

Lovie Smith
Ken Wissenhunt
Andy Reid

All 3 of these guys have coached their teams to the superbowl. With so many HC job openings there just aren't going to be enough new HC prospects out there. And HCs with past success will get opportunities again, I think.

Fired HCs that will be hot prospects for teams looking to rebuild their offense:

Norv Turner
Pat Shurmer

A few teams (Oak/Arz/NYJ) kept their defensive coaches but fired OCs. I would think for teams in those situations Turner and Shurmer would be prime targets.
People are so funny. If someone made a new thread about this they would say "use search bar". If you post in an existing thread on this topic they call it "necromancy".
Shocked the Rex Ryan is still w/the Jets.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer

Blake Williams, Gregg Williams son and guy running his defense for Rams this season, is OUT in St. Louis.

Williams in looking for another job is telling other coaches he and Gregg Williams are gone, although decision on ... http://m.tmi.me/EIQdT
[ Edited by Jcool on Jan 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM ]

rex ryan may be gone first

him or dennis allen
John Harbaugh....we hire him for ST coach next year
I thought Rex Ryan said that he basically should be fired if they're drafting Clowney next year. Yeah, Clowney to the Jets!
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Rex Ryan, Jason Garrett, Jim Schwartz, Mike Munchak, and Ron Rivera.
Share 49ersWebzone