There are 258 users in the forums

Which coach gets fired this year?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by vermonator:
Would have been sooner if the Spanos's knew how to run a franchise. AJ Smith use to be considered one of the best GMs in the league but looks pretty inept since firing Schottenheimer and hiring Norv Turner.

To think, they could have chosen Fitzgerald over Rivers, kept Breese and had LT in his prime and they just blew up everything never coming close to their 14 and 2 season since.

Brees didn't break out until after Rivers was drafted. The guy was actually regressing when they took Rivers.
def Rex Ryan and Norv Turner
Roger that on the Reid and Turner.

Also the three R's that should've been fired from about 2 years ago;

Raiders every damn year, Ryan , @ Reid.
Jason Garrett, Norv Turner, and Romeo Crennel.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Would have been sooner if the Spanos's knew how to run a franchise. AJ Smith use to be considered one of the best GMs in the league but looks pretty inept since firing Schottenheimer and hiring Norv Turner.

To think, they could have chosen Fitzgerald over Rivers, kept Breese and had LT in his prime and they just blew up everything never coming close to their 14 and 2 season since.

Brees didn't break out until after Rivers was drafted. The guy was actually regressing when they took Rivers.

Plus if they wanted Fitzgerald they would have had to draft him first overall instead of Eli. Rivers wasn't the problem when they were one of the best teams.

......or they could have Kept Eli. he probably would have held out. Brees would have broke out regardless..... Eli would have been traded, instead of Brees, to the Saints (hold out leaves bad taste to the organization)..... Saints don't win the superbowl in 2010....... Rivers stinks it up with the Giants, are non factors in '06--'11--present, Coughlin gets fired.

....................and the niners would have won the NFC championship last year against the Packers and beat the Patriots in the Superbowl.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

......or they could have Kept Eli. he probably would have held out. Brees would have broke out regardless..... Eli would have been traded, instead of Brees, to the Saints (hold out leaves bad taste to the organization)..... Saints don't win the superbowl in 2010....... Rivers stinks it up with the Giants, are non factors in '06--'11--present, Coughlin gets fired.

....................and the niners would have won the NFC championship last year against the Packers and beat the Patriots in the Superbowl.
The Eli trade was good for them! In addition to Rivers with the draft picks from NY they also got Luis Castillo and Shawn Merriman
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:

The Eli trade was good for them! In addition to Rivers with the draft picks from NY they also got Luis Castillo and Shawn Merriman

who are no longer with the team plsu they just release the kicker so basicly as of right now it was a 1 on 1 trade
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Rex Ryan, Norv Turner, Carolina's HC
Originally posted by Irish40Niner:
Andy Reid, Norv, Panthers coach....
Have Rivery slept with your wifes/men? Or why don't you mention his name?
Dont know his name off the top of my head.....all I know is that he's not winning with CAM NEWTON.....= Fired....

I believe the Eli trade was a request from the Manning family as a disapproval of the Chargers organization.

This is the story from Giants' land.

In reality, it's hard to say if Eli would have flourished in SD. He's more clutch than Rivers, but I'm not so sure that was the issue with Rivers back then.

I really wonder why those 14-2 Chargers were one and done that year?! Is it the Schottenheimer playoff curse?
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Oct 31, 2012 at 2:49 PM ]
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

I believe the Eli trade was a request from the Manning family as a disapproval of the Chargers organization.

This is the story from Giants' land.

that or i think they requested the Chargers not draft him at all. he didn't even put on the hat when they picked him.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

In reality, it's hard to say if Eli would have flourished in SD. He's more clutch than Rivers, but I'm not so sure that was the issue with Rivers back then.

I really wonder why those 14-2 Chargers were one and done that year?! Is it the Schottenheimer playoff curse?

i'm still amazed at how the 2010 Chargers went #1 in total offense, #1 in total defense and still miss the playoffs.
Well it looks like Gailey's job is safe, although I lot of course can change: linkage
Rex
Norv
Whisenhunt
gailey
Share 49ersWebzone