There are 173 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Robert Kraft says Tom Brady better than Joe Montana.

Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Montana 4-0
Brady 3-2

Montana 4.0% SB win PCT

Brady 1.5% SB win PCT

Montana = Winner

How about 100% vs 60% win percentage.

I'm not even sure what you did there, best I can guess is that 3/2 = 1.5 so some how 4/0 = 4 I'm guessing.

it's more of just a ratio really. shoudla worded it better

Gotcha,

How about this stat

Superbowl wins by more than 3 points

Joe Montana 4/4 = 100%
Brady 0/5 = 0%
Montana 4-0
Brady 3-2

Montana 4.0% SB win PCT

Brady 1.5% SB win PCT

Montana = Winner

I'm not even sure what you did there, best I can guess is that 3/2 = 1.5 so some how 4/0 = 4 I'm guessing.

it's more of just a ratio really. shoudla worded it better

Gotcha,

How about this stat

Superbowl wins by more than 3 points

Joe Montana 4/4 = 100%
Brady 0/5 = 0%

I'm just gonna' echo these sentiments:

Originally posted by teylo31:
... joe cool never lost a superbowl let alone two and brady has never cemented a super bowl win like joe did in 89 ... three sb wins by a total of 9 points. not one of bradys super bowl wins has come on his play ...

Originally posted by Pillbusta:
... when u lose 2 super bowls of 5, u have no hope of besting the unblemished super bowl qb joe montana. Not to mention the veil of spy gate looming over every win ...

Originally posted by Bleed49ers4Life:
... Brady would have gotten killed if he played against Defenses from the mid 80's to 90's. Players were allowed to hit Qb's real, real, real hard back then ...

Originally posted by ace49ers:
... Montana never let his team down in the big game, and everyone went home with a ring on Montana teams.

... unlike Brady who plays in a system thats evolved over years and years . . . . Montana was the first to make WCO work. The guy was learning a new passing system that had little to no tape on it that Montana could sit in the film room and watch and take notes ... Never lost a SB, never intercepted in a SB ...

Originally posted by VA49er:
... News would be if DeBartalo said that Brady was better.

Montana 4-0
Brady 3-2

Montana 4.0% SB win PCT
Brady 1.5% SB win PCT

Montana = Winner

To END, the NFL NEVER enacted two new rules directly related to Montana:

Per Robert Kraft -
"I think all the quarterbacks in this league are critical to what the game is about," said Patriots owner Robert Kraft ...
"It's like if Peyton Manning were gone for a season, I think the whole NFL suffers, the same way the NFL suffered with Tommy out ...
... "It's not good for the league. What makes it special is special players. It's like going to see a great movie and the star isn't in the movie.
It's the same principle."
[ Edited by FlayvaMeister on Aug 31, 2012 at 9:14 AM ]
this is the point where pats fans will defend themselves with "montana had rice"
Montana 4-0
Brady 3-2

Montana 4.0% SB win PCT

Brady 1.5% SB win PCT

Montana = Winner

whats he supposed to say?

"My Franchise qb, the guy who pretty much helped make the patriots a relevant franchise, is NOT the best qb in history!"
Originally posted by ads_2006:
whats he supposed to say?

"My Franchise qb, the guy who pretty much helped make the patriots a relevant franchise, is NOT the best qb in history!"

Uh maybe, he could have phrased it another way - something like this ...
One of the best QBs in the History of the NFL ...
[ Edited by FlayvaMeister on Aug 31, 2012 at 9:35 AM ]
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Whats he supposed to say. It's homer. Who cares.

This...
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:
I'm just gonna' echo these sentiments:

To END, the NFL NEVER enacted two new rules directly related to Montana:

Per Robert Kraft -
"I think all the quarterbacks in this league are critical to what the game is about," said Patriots owner Robert Kraft ...
"It's like if Peyton Manning were gone for a season, I think the whole NFL suffers, the same way the NFL suffered with Tommy out ...
... "It's not good for the league. What makes it special is special players. It's like going to see a great movie and the star isn't in the movie.
It's the same principle."

when did he make this statement????

the NFL didn't suffer last season?

the NFL didn't suffer in 2008 either. just the Pats.
While I will entertain an argument about Marino or Elway (I am 33, not old enough to talk about the guys in farther history than that) I still think Joe is number 1 ever.

Brady is the best of his "generation" for sure and I can't say anything really bad about him, but when you are not the main reason when your team has won SB's and you were not able to do more when your team has lost superbowls, there is no way you can be compared to a guy who went 4-0, and was outstanding in all of them.

Brady is great, would have loved to have him obviously, and is a 1st ballot HOFer, but he's behind Montana, Marino, Elway, Favre, tough call vs Young, and arguably Aikman just off the top of my head. Not to mention I would put Manning as basically tied with him even in his own era. So without comparing to any much older players and only comparing to the last 10-20 years he is maybe 6 or 7 on my list at best, and that is off the top of my head.

Montana was great basically all the time, no matter the situation, and got BETTER when the situation was biggest. (and I'm a Steve Young guy)
Tom isn't even better than dan marino
Montana 4-0
Brady 3-2

Montana 4.0% SB win PCT

Brady 1.5% SB win PCT

Montana = Winner

not to mention 11 td 0 ints in 4 games and the only 3 time superbowl mvp
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

Here's the LINK:
http://articles.boston.com/2009-03-24/sports/29263608_1_brady-rule-chiefs-safety-bernard-pollard-knee
For the Rice argument. Montana was winning long before Rice hit the scene and he also took the Chiefs to the playoffs.
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

Here's the LINK:
http://articles.boston.com/2009-03-24/sports/29263608_1_brady-rule-chiefs-safety-bernard-pollard-knee

Kraft.