There are 260 users in the forums

Matt Williamson of Scouts Inc. says Russell Wilson better than our boy Alex

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Oscar:
Originally posted by kush:
Matt Williamson suffers from P.E.

Premature Evaluation.

It's a disorder that affects 1 in 3 men in America today.

POTW, lol.

How did I missed the post the first time...
Originally posted by qwestlove94:
Well I can say that two rookies had better statistical seasons that Alex last year, and they hadnt played a game either, I didnt say he was better than Alex Smith, I was saying that its not out of the question that he has a better statistical season, just saying.

No of course not, I didn't say it was impossible we all know it is possible. I am just saying to say he will even be a serviceable QB is pushing it after only having preseason to go on. I mean if we look back at Cam's first pre season and used that to predict his regular season we would have come to the conclusion that he might be an alright QB in a few years. Clearly that would have proved to be wrong.

I get what your saying though. I assume the other QB you are talking about is Andy Dalton? Same with him pre season 1 td 3 interceptions in 4 games. Might conclude he isn't even a capable starter if only looking at the preseason.

We will see only time will tell.
Matt Williamson??! Last year Williamson predicted that the Rams would win the NFC West and the NY Jets would win the Superbowl. Veeeerrrrrry spot on!
Originally posted by lamontb:
If Alex Smith played for the Redskins instead of the 49ers. And had one decent year out of 7 how many of you guys would trust him?

Flynn had 1 good game and the FA market loved him
Matt Flynn gonna outplay him
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Matt Williamson??! Last year Williamson predicted that the Rams would win the NFC West and the NY Jets would win the Superbowl. Veeeerrrrrry spot on!

lol that is funny. So based on that we should expect the opposite of whatever he predicts seeing as how the Rams where the worst team in the division (and the NFL) and the other NY team won it all.
Pete the cheat Carrol has never developed a good starting QB, Idon't think thats going to change any time soon.
A rookie QB is going to win the NFC West? Riiiiigghhhhttttttt....
......We Will Find out When 49ers Go After His Ass When we play Seattle
i call b******t. lets see homeboy do something in the regular season against someone whos actually trying to stop his ass

Seahawks will be 7-9 or 8-8. They could very well beat us @ Seattle, but they won't finish the season with a better record than us. Pete Carroll is a .500 football coach. Seriously, look at his coaching record.

As for Wilson, how can anyone predict a 5'11 rookie QB will outperform a QB that advanced to the NFCCG? Alex will be even better this year. Wilson has a long ways to go before he can put a team in Super Bowl contention.

Hell, I remember guys like Trent Edwards and Brady Quinn tear it up in the pre-season as rookies lol. Matt Leinart once threw for nearly 300 yards in ONE half of pre-season ball. It means jacks**t.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Aug 30, 2012 at 2:51 PM ]
Originally posted by billbird2111:

Yeah a rookie QB will look OK against base defenses from the 2nd string in the preseason. It's a little different against the 1st team defense AND with Vic Fangio calling the defense.
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by billbird2111:

Yeah a rookie QB will look OK against base defenses from the 2nd string in the preseason. It's a little different against the 1st team defense AND with Vic Fangio calling the defense.

To be fair, he did play well against KC's #1s when he started the preseason game against them.

Originally posted by Hitman49:

Share 49ersWebzone