LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

Matt Williamson of Scouts Inc. says Russell Wilson better than our boy Alex

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Who cares, I'm pretty sure we will run the ball 65 percent of the time. The rest goes to VD.

Nothing wrong with that. People keep saying "why don't we throw to our super star in Moss?" Well maybe because VD is a super star as well. I dunno maybe I'm wrong!?

Expecting big things out of Alex and Davis. Davis is the biggest match up problem on our team.
Troy Smith looked good for a few games too, then the league got some film on him and that stock market crashed. Vic Fangio will have that kid utterly confused and not knowing what he's looking at when the huddle breaks. He could be decent, but I don't expect him to be another Drew Brees.
From what I've seen of RW I'm honestly unimpressed and I don't mean that as what he's done has been bad but for the most part it felt more like he's was playing that backyard style of football (ie: Nate Davis) that works great in the preseason but quickly gets shut down in the regular. I've been way more impressed with Luck and RG3 who look like they are operating an NFL regular season offense.

With that said with our style of offense it's hard to say a QB is "better" than Smith because the system doesn't ask a lot from our QBs. We clearly need better QB play this season but we're never going to sling the ball around the yard unless the situation calls for it. Running the ball is always going to be what we look to do first and if we can win running the ball Harbaugh is going to chose to do that every time.
if the avg DL is around 6'4...than you add in arm length this kid cant throw up and over that at the line of scrimmage
How many games will Marshawn Lynch be suspended for?
If Alex Smith played for the Redskins instead of the 49ers. And had one decent year out of 7 how many of you guys would trust him?
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
How many games will Marshawn Lynch be suspended for?

Turbin looks good for them. We'll see..
Originally posted by qwestlove94:
Really? How exactly is this bet incredibly stupid?? Russell Wilson could put up better stats than Alex just based on the fact that seattle will probably throw more than us. We are a run first team, meaning if our run game is going then Alex might only throw it 16-20 times. The main argument in support of Alex is that stats dont matter right? So why would you bet on him to have a better year statistically? I would say its a safer bet to say we finish ahead of the seahawks in the division, but I dont think it would be a shocker if Wilson outdoes Alex statwise, but who cares if we're winning the division, I would take you up on that bet but I dont want to be rooting for the Seahawks in any way shape or form. But id say the odds are 50/50

Are you forgetting that Wilson has never started an NFL game before? No matter which one throws more this guy could be worthless for all anybody knows at this point. He could be great sure and have a better season than Alex but history has shown preseason hardly ever is an indication of what will happen in a real game. Just saying I wouldn't put him higher than a guy we almost know for sure will have at the minimum a good season.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
I remember when Mark Sanchez was considered a franchise QB after his first preseason because it seemed every game, despite making a bunch of mistakes, he would make this one throw that ESPN would replay 100 times saying that is a all pro kind of play. Now Mark Sanchez will be lucky to make it through the year as the starting QB and has never completed over 60% of his passes.
[ Edited by Jcool on Aug 30, 2012 at 1:47 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Jcool:
I remember when Mark Sanchez was considered a franchise QB after his first preseason because it seemed every game, despite making a bunch of mistakes, he would make this one throw that ESPN would replay 100 times saying that is a all pro kind of play. Now Mark Sanchez will be lucky to make it through the year as the starting QB and has never completed over 60% of his passes.

Ryan Leaf also looked pretty good in the pre season.

Originally posted by BayArea:
Really? How exactly is this bet incredibly stupid?? Russell Wilson could put up better stats than Alex just based on the fact that seattle will probably throw more than us. We are a run first team, meaning if our run game is going then Alex might only throw it 16-20 times. The main argument in support of Alex is that stats dont matter right? So why would you bet on him to have a better year statistically? I would say its a safer bet to say we finish ahead of the seahawks in the division, but I dont think it would be a shocker if Wilson outdoes Alex statwise, but who cares if we're winning the division, I would take you up on that bet but I dont want to be rooting for the Seahawks in any way shape or form. But id say the odds are 50/50

Are you forgetting that Wilson has never started an NFL game before? No matter which one throws more this guy could be worthless for all anybody knows at this point. He could be great sure and have a better season than Alex but history has shown preseason hardly ever is an indication of what will happen in a real game. Just saying I wouldn't put him higher than a guy we almost know for sure will have at the minimum a good season.

Well I can say that two rookies had better statistical seasons that Alex last year, and they hadnt played a game either, I didnt say he was better than Alex Smith, I was saying that its not out of the question that he has a better statistical season, just saying.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by lamontb:
If Alex Smith played for the Redskins instead of the 49ers. And had one decent year out of 7 how many of you guys would trust him?

Due to media perceptions probably as much as Tebow. But I don't go off the media, I go off what I see and watch every single game.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by BayArea:

Well I can say that two rookies had better statistical seasons that Alex last year, and they hadnt played a game either, I didnt say he was better than Alex Smith, I was saying that its not out of the question that he has a better statistical season, just saying.

Did you know Alex had more passing yards than one of those rookies in the second half of the season?
Originally posted by lamontb:

Statistically decent. But it's a little more than that. 5Ints. Playoff game against the Saints. 2 game winning drives in 3 minutes. He did things that are more than decent for the team.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 30, 2012 at 1:50 PM ]
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by kush:
Matt Williamson suffers from P.E.

Premature Evaluation.

It's a disorder that affects 1 in 3 men in America today.

POTW, lol.
Share 49ersWebzone