LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

Terrell Owens cannot be tolerated, even by the Indoor Football League

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:

And no, I didnt post under a different name. This is my first WZ screen name. Why do you ask?

Because I am fairly sure you did.

Originally posted by cciowa:
english is on the trail Back to topic. I find it stunning some will support owens and his comments towards garcia. using the excuse,,,, well many people thought garcia was gay so it was ok for owens to say it...that is just insane in my opinion

Its not that we support it, its that it has nothing to do with football therefore we could care less
I can't believe someone is defending TO
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
And no, I didnt post under a different name. This is my first WZ screen name. Why do you ask?

Because I am fairly sure you did.

This.

I swear on my mother's life, that I did not. Who do you think I am? Lol. And what gives you that idea? Writing style? Similar opinions? Both?

Watching pbm's.
you can get any lower than this.i should think this will stop the "bring home T O " blather. he turned on garcia for no reason at all and then never took responsibility for all of his dropped passes, that is when I turned on owens. he could never carry the jock strap of rice, taylor and gene washington. its done, over

Nobody can carry Rice's jock strap, but Owens was better than the others. And I know John Taylor (through my father-in-law, whom JT delivers product to as a truck driver these days) so you'd think I might be a little biased against Owens there. Don't let your hatred for him blind you. On the field, he is the 2nd best receiver to ever play here.
[ Edited by 49erRider on Jun 6, 2012 at 2:57 PM ]
TO was a prick when he was on top, why feel bad for him when e is on e bottom?
english is on the trail Back to topic. I find it stunning some will support owens and his comments towards garcia. using the excuse,,,, well many people thought garcia was gay so it was ok for owens to say it...that is just insane in my opinion

So nobody's allowed to speculate somebody else might be gay? Criticize 99% of the American public, then. Criticize late night comedians who make jokes about the sexuality of celebrities, etc.

They're all as much a teammate of Garcia's as Owens was at the time he answered that Playboy question.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
TO was a prick when he was on top, why feel bad for him when e is on e bottom?

Not sure he's at the bottom, still the 3rd best WR ever in terms of stats, still has more money than 95% of the people commenting on this thread.

Lower down the rung, sure. At the bottom? Hardly.
Ex-team mate then. You continue to duck the main issue, though, and try to sidetrack into a detail.

"If it looks like a rat and smells like a rat, it is a rat."

And by the way, you used to post here under a different name, didn't you.

It looks like you are the one ducking the main issue actually.

You don't seem to acknowledge that Owens later on in the interview said "I would not care if one of my teammates was gay". (Compare that with Garrison Hearsts comments from back in the day, and you'll see some real bias.)

You dodged and deflected this issue by saying he posted here under a different name. A common technique used to deflect points raised against your argument.
Originally posted by WhenDoesItStop:
Ex-team mate then. You continue to duck the main issue, though, and try to sidetrack into a detail.

You don't seem to acknowledge that Owens later on in the interview said "I would not care if one of my teammates was gay". (Compare that with Garrison Hearsts comments from back in the day, and you'll see some real bias.)

You dodged and deflected this issue by saying he posted here under a different name. A common technique used to deflect points raised against your argument.

He said it to cover his ass

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

You both amuse me. But why should I be interested in covering my ass and against what?
""I would have pulled out the video and said, 'Here's why I don't throw you the ball. You can't catch.' And I would have done it through the media like he did to Garcia."

- Joe Montana on how he would respond to Owens crying for the ball more (when with the Cowboys).

You both amuse me. But why should I be interested in covering my ass and against what?

TO said it to cover his stupid comment

TO said it to cover his stupid comment

Oh, ok. Seems quite possible. Astonishing the way he changed during his career from someone who was painfully shy to someone who is frequently described as a team cancer.

But it looks as though his time is over.

Oh, the ironing!

Share 49ersWebzone