Terrell Owens cannot be tolerated, even by the Indoor Football League

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 16to87:
Montana >Young > Garcia > Smith

did you come up with that by yourself?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 16to87:
Agree with Brodie I will still put Garcia ahead of Smith for now, Plunkett was a good QB when he went to the Raiders, the rest were not even close.
oh yes, i agree with garcia ahead of smith . plunkett was decent for us in 1976 and we went 8-6. of course he had a nasty front four, two great running backs and gene washington so he just had to manage the game. you are right, he took off when he went to oakland. spurrier took us to the playoffs when brodie was hurt so i give him a little bit of love
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
did you come up with that by yourself?

The QBs did
He'll always be a niner in his heart of hearts
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Once again, its either your perception of TO or your memory of the incident that has you feeling the way you do.

Why did he say it? BECAUSE A REPORTER ASKED HIM IF HE THOUGHT GARCIA WAS GAY!!!!

He absolutely DID NOT come out of the blue and say it. But again, like I have been arguing in this and the other thread in NT, people believe what they want to believe. Everything TO does is either blown out of proportion, or remembered differently than what actually happened.

And perhaps you could remind us how he supported his teammate.

Because I seem to recall, when asked if he thought that Garcia was gay, he responded something like "well, if it looks like a rat and smells like a rat, it's a rat."

Blown out of proportion? Misremembered? Um, no.

Once again, misremembering what really happened. TO was a member of the PHILADELPHIA EAGLES when he made this comment. But what you, and others remember is "TO throwing his QB under the bus and calling him gay."

Like I said, most things that happen with TO are either blown out of proportion, or in this case, remembered differently than what actually happened.
Originally posted by DirtyP:
He'll always be a niner in his heart of hearts

I hope not. He's completely classless in every aspect of his life, on and off the field. I hope he has nothing to do with the 49ers going forward. No 1-day retirement contract, no 49er HOF induction, no alumni affiliation. Nuthin'. He b***hed and moaned about everyone and everything his last 3 years here, despite great personal success. I doubt he has any feelings for the 49ers anyhow. He's always been a mercenary-for-hire type. He had absolutely ZERO integrity.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jun 5, 2012 at 11:22 PM ]
Once again, its either your perception of TO or your memory of the incident that has you feeling the way you do.

Why did he say it? BECAUSE A REPORTER ASKED HIM IF HE THOUGHT GARCIA WAS GAY!!!!

He absolutely DID NOT come out of the blue and say it. But again, like I have been arguing in this and the other thread in NT, people believe what they want to believe. Everything TO does is either blown out of proportion, or remembered differently than what actually happened.

Because I seem to recall, when asked if he thought that Garcia was gay, he responded something like "well, if it looks like a rat and smells like a rat, it's a rat."

Once again, misremembering what really happened. TO was a member of the PHILADELPHIA EAGLES when he made this comment. But what you, and others remember is "TO throwing his QB under the bus and calling him gay."

Like I said, most things that happen with TO are either blown out of proportion, or in this case, remembered differently than what actually happened.

Ex-team mate then. You continue to duck the main issue, though, and try to sidetrack into a detail.

"If it looks like a rat and smells like a rat, it is a rat."

And by the way, you used to post here under a different name, didn't you.

Ex-team mate then. You continue to duck the main issue, though, and try to sidetrack into a detail.

"If it looks like a rat and smells like a rat, it is a rat."

And by the way, you used to post here under a different name, didn't you.

Should TO have said that he thinks Jeff Garcia is gay in an interview? No. But who cares. Didnt a lot of people think Garcia was gay? Plus TO went on to say that he wouldnt care if he had a gay teammate....yet no one seems to every bring that part up.

Its funny, more people talk about this quote than Tim Hardaway's quote. Why? Because its TO.

And no, I didnt post under a different name. This is my first WZ screen name. Why do you ask?

And no, I didnt post under a different name. This is my first WZ screen name. Why do you ask?

Because I am fairly sure you did.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

english is on the trail Back to topic. I find it stunning some will support owens and his comments towards garcia. using the excuse,,,, well many people thought garcia was gay so it was ok for owens to say it...that is just insane in my opinion

This.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

This.

Originally posted by SofaKing:
I hope not. He's completely classless in every aspect of his life, on and off the field. I hope he has nothing to do with the 49ers going forward. No 1-day retirement contract, no 49er HOF induction, no alumni affiliation. Nuthin'. He b***hed and moaned about everyone and everything his last 3 years here, despite great personal success. I doubt he has any feelings for the 49ers anyhow. He's always been a mercenary-for-hire type. He had absolutely ZERO integrity.

T.O. = Niner 4 life
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

This.

I swear on my mother's life, that I did not. Who do you think I am? Lol. And what gives you that idea? Writing style? Similar opinions? Both?
[ Edited by 80sbaby24 on Jun 6, 2012 at 11:56 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone