LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

Terrell Owens cannot be tolerated, even by the Indoor Football League

Shop 49ers game tickets
Going on Dr. Phil was the nail in the coffin for TO's football career.
Possibly one of the worst PR moves I've ever seen...
Niners fans have no reason to hate TO. Garcia was a puss.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DirtyP:

respectfully disagree. garcia had more guts in his little finger than owens ever had. Owens dropped to many balls and never took responsibility, he threw garcia under the bus for no reason at all, he had no respect for his coaches.Garciacould win games with his legs or is arm. I will say garcia lacked the mental toughness ot being in the shadow of steve and joe but can not doubt his physical toughness
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Originally posted by cciowa:
respectfully disagree. garcia had more guts in his little finger than owens ever had. Owens dropped to many balls and never took responsibility, he threw garcia under the bus for no reason at all, he had no respect for his coaches.Garciacould win games with his legs or is arm. I will say garcia lacked the mental toughness ot being in the shadow of steve and joe but can not doubt his physical toughness

Owens = Hall of fame player

Garcia= Nobody

Owens = Hall of fame player

Garcia= Nobody

I don't think he is a nobody, but he certainly isn't a puss, which was the insult you lobbed at him. TO, if I remember correctly, said he was gay.

It really doesn't matter if you are a HoFer or a practice squad player, you should treat your fellow players with some respect.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
I don't think he is a nobody, but he certainly isn't a puss, which was the insult you lobbed at him. TO, if I remember correctly, said he was gay.

It really doesn't matter if you are a HoFer or a practice squad player, you should treat your fellow players with some respect.
especially since the attack on garcia came out of the blue. I keep asking , why did owens even say it?What possible purpose was he trying to accomplish.how can even his die hard defenders(I wanted to say bath water drinkers but i restrained myself) defend that one? I had the utmost respect for the guts and courage of garcia. You could break him over your leg but he was double tough and that is why i really took offense at the Puss label.That was uncalled for and just wrong.

especially since the attack on garcia came out of the blue. I keep asking , why did owens even say it?What possible purpose was he trying to accomplish.how can even his die hard defenders(I wanted to say bath water drinkers but i restrained myself) defend that one? I had the utmost respect for the guts and courage of garcia. You could break him over your leg but he was double tough and that is why i really took offense at the Puss label.That was uncalled for and just wrong.

But you did say it.
He parted ways with Drew Rosenhaus

http://ocnnreport.com/2012/06/05/terrell-owens-parts-ways-with-agent-drew-rosenhaus/

Dallas, TX (June 4, 2012) NFL Wide Receiver, Terrell Owens has signed Jordan Woy of Willis & Woy Sports Groups LLC as his new sports agent effective immediately. Woy and his team will be working to place Owens back on the football field for the upcoming 2012 NFL season. Owens is happy to welcome a change in representation and is extremely confident in Jordan Woy and his team.

"I am making changes in my life so I can continue my career as a professional football player. I have hired Jordan Woy as my new agent. It was important for me to hire someone who believes in my ability to help an NFL team and believes in me as a person. I love the game of football and I know I can help a team. I have had to go through some humbling times but I am more determined than ever to show a team that I can be a huge asset to them as a player and a team leader in the locker room. I am in the best shape of my life and preparing daily. I am looking for a team who will give me that chance and I know I will pay big dividends to them as a player and teammate," shares Terrell Owens.

Terrell Owens last played in the NFL for the Cincinnati Bengals in 2010 where he led team for the season in catches (72), receiving yards (983) and TDs (9). Through 14 games, Owens ranked tied for fourth in AFC in receptions and fifth in receiving yards. During that season he ranked second on all-time in NFL receiving yards (15,934), fifth in all-time receptions (1078), fourth in all-time TDs (156) and tied for second in all-time TD receptions (153). Owens finished the season leading active players in career receptions and receiving yards, and tied for first among actives in receiving TDs. Terrell Owens is also the oldest player in NFL history to record a 200-yard receiving game, having logged 222 on Oct. 3 of the 2010 season at Cleveland at 36 years, 300 days.

Jordan Woy is an attorney and veteran sports agent, representing more than 400 professional athletes in his over 25-year career. Sports Illustrated and USA Today have ranked him as one of the top ten football agents in the professional football industry. www.willis-woy.com
[ Edited by WookieOftheYear on Jun 5, 2012 at 12:49 PM ]

Niners fans have plenty of reasons to hate T.O and Garcia is still a puss.

I don't blame T.O. for calling Garcia gay. Anyone who has ever heard Garcia talk would have to at least consider it possible. T.O. just came out and said what everone else was too afraid to say. T.O should not have said it and should have had enough respect for his teammate, but f**k it!

Garcia may not have been a puss but he doesn't dress or sound like he gets any puss. I was embarrased to have Garcia prancing around jumping to throw the ball. " Gay QB for SF 49ers" and all the jokes that came along with it.
Originally posted by Howlett49:

I don't blame T.O. for calling Garcia gay. Anyone who has ever heard Garcia talk would have to at least consider it possible. T.O. just came out and said what everone else was too afraid to say. T.O should not have said it and should have had enough respect for his teammate, but f**k it!

Garcia may not have been a puss but he doesn't dress or sound like he gets any puss. I was embarrased to have Garcia prancing around jumping to throw the ball. " Gay QB for SF 49ers" and all the jokes that came along with it.

Seriously? Garcia was a good QB for us, he jumped because he was a small QB, he was a good guy for us. Screw T.O., he caused the s**t in SF, he was a cry baby, also Donahue fault for not giving T.O. a contract, but was a good thing, T.O. would of been the biggest distraction for us during his time.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
randy always has and always will be better than TO.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Seriously? Garcia was a good QB for us, he jumped because he was a small QB, he was a good guy for us. Screw T.O., he caused the s**t in SF, he was a cry baby, also Donahue fault for not giving T.O. a contract, but was a good thing, T.O. would of been the biggest distraction for us during his time.

Yeah it would've been way worse than going 2-14
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

I'm not saying I liked what T.O. did............ but it's not like he called out a guy that wasn't already suspected to be gay by most. Most people I know and have talked to at least. I was embarresed to have Garcia as the 49er QB. Even more so when he gave an interview sounding like a pole smoker.
Share 49ersWebzone