There are 145 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Terrell Owens cannot be tolerated, even by the Indoor Football League

If he could:

1.) Keep his mouth shut

2.) Not be a distraction

3.) be a good teammate

4.) be a positive influence on the younger players

which is what Randy Moss is doing right now !!!!!


then maybe some team would take a chance on him as a #3 or #4 WR ... ....but T.O Would be a pain in the ass from day one , I'm glad Harbaugh didnt look into signing him ...I'm still pissed at T.O for throwing Garcia under the bus , becoming a major pain in the ass and forcing us to accept a 4th rounder and Brandon Whitting for him when he was in his prime ,and when we NEEDED HIM ...now he wants another shot ????? ..Once you burn a bridge , it's GONE !!!!
Originally posted by flow:
This may sound crazy, but a part of me wants to see the Niners sign him. Harbaugh and the rest of our coaching staff seem strong enough to handle him.

  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,143
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
If he could:

1.) Keep his mouth shut

2.) Not be a distraction

3.) be a good teammate

4.) be a positive influence on the younger players

which is what Randy Moss is doing right now !!!!!


then maybe some team would take a chance on him as a #3 or #4 WR ... ....but T.O Would be a pain in the ass from day one , I'm glad Harbaugh didnt look into signing him ...I'm still pissed at T.O for throwing Garcia under the bus , becoming a major pain in the ass and forcing us to accept a 4th rounder and Brandon Whitting for him when he was in his prime ,and when we NEEDED HIM ...now he wants another shot ????? ..Once you burn a bridge , it's GONE !!!!
do not forget he is coming off a big injury,,,, let see a 38 year old who drops passes, is a drama queen and coming off a torn up knee
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by flow:
This may sound crazy, but a part of me wants to see the Niners sign him. Harbaugh and the rest of our coaching staff seem strong enough to handle him.

No one attended his nfl workout thus he went to the arena football league. A guy who gets cut there is not worthy of our attention.there is no reason to even consider this.I have forgotten he was ever a niner. He means nothing to me.why is he worried, after all he did get a 50 dollar severance check from his arena team, hahahaha. deserves him right.
It does sound crazy.

They already got Moss who is a much better bet. TO is older, a much bigger headcase, tore his ACL a year ago, and just got cut from the Allen Wranglers.

No way they sign him and no way anybody should want them to sign him.
I don't blame TO for this at all.

PR stunt is a PR stunt.

Can you really blame someone for not playing in a game that he didn't contractually agree to?
Owens was never the same after signing his first big money contract after the 98 season.
Owens would have needed to dominate that league while remaing on his best behavior to have even a small chance that an nfl team would be interested in him. Instead he was mediocre both on and off the field even though he was playing with and against scrubs that could never make it in the NFL.

It's the end of the line for his pofessional football career. I suspect he will end up in fake wrestling or something.
When Owens went on Dr. Phil to face his multiple mothers of his children to discuss why he canniot make child support payments, that is the all time low of doing anything to seek attention. This was ill advised, as this is not the kind of publicity anyone would want.

He fits the stereotype of an athlete who thought it would never end, spent everything he earned and will be in chapter 11 in no time.
The fact that this thread is titled the way it is, as well as seeing all the negative posts in here about it, shows a ridiculous bias against TO. You people have such a negative opinion of him that EVERYTHING that happens in his life is spun negatively about him. I mean, the IFL "cant tolerate TO.?" Really?

So a guy signs a contract that has him playing all home games. The team asks him to play some away games and he says no. They release him for that. And somehow that TO's fault? Somehow the team cant tolerate him?

Just a joke.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,143
Originally posted by 9erred:
When Owens went on Dr. Phil to face his multiple mothers of his children to discuss why he canniot make child support payments, that is the all time low of doing anything to seek attention. This was ill advised, as this is not the kind of publicity anyone would want.

He fits the stereotype of an athlete who thought it would never end, spent everything he earned and will be in chapter 11 in no time.
he is also the stereotype of a player who thinks he is bigger than the game or the team
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,143
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
The fact that this thread is titled the way it is, as well as seeing all the negative posts in here about it, shows a ridiculous bias against TO. You people have such a negative opinion of him that EVERYTHING that happens in his life is spun negatively about him. I mean, the IFL "cant tolerate TO.?" Really?

So a guy signs a contract that has him playing all home games. The team asks him to play some away games and he says no. They release him for that. And somehow that TO's fault? Somehow the team cant tolerate him?

Just a joke.
is anything ever his fault?All those dropped passes in his lifetime?did you ever notice that wherever he goes, cept for buffalo and bengals cuz he was on a one year deal,,,, he leaves a scorched earth in his wake?
Originally posted by cciowa:
he is also the stereotype of a player who thinks he is bigger than the game or the team

Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
The fact that this thread is titled the way it is, as well as seeing all the negative posts in here about it, shows a ridiculous bias against TO. You people have such a negative opinion of him that EVERYTHING that happens in his life is spun negatively about him. I mean, the IFL "cant tolerate TO.?" Really?

So a guy signs a contract that has him playing all home games. The team asks him to play some away games and he says no. They release him for that. And somehow that TO's fault? Somehow the team cant tolerate him?

Just a joke.

Very much like the Alex Smith threads over the years. However I do agree with you about the title.

But if you want something out of organisations, you have to give them a good reason. And I dont think he has done that. With the injury still in the front of their mind I cant see an NFL team offering him a roster position.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
The fact that this thread is titled the way it is, as well as seeing all the negative posts in here about it, shows a ridiculous bias against TO. You people have such a negative opinion of him that EVERYTHING that happens in his life is spun negatively about him. I mean, the IFL "cant tolerate TO.?" Really?

So a guy signs a contract that has him playing all home games. The team asks him to play some away games and he says no. They release him for that. And somehow that TO's fault? Somehow the team cant tolerate him?

Just a joke.
is anything ever his fault?All those dropped passes in his lifetime?did you ever notice that wherever he goes, cept for buffalo and bengals cuz he was on a one year deal,,,, he leaves a scorched earth in his wake?

Sure, there are things that are his fault. But everything he has ever done has been massively blown out of proportion....like this.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,143
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Sure, there are things that are his fault. But everything he has ever done has been massively blown out of proportion....like this.
ok. thank you for your opinion I think if we throw out the conspiracy theories and the hate for owens which many people(like me) have for him...that knee injury thing and his age i think is the biggest reason why teams did not attend his workout and have shown no interest in signing him. Heck if he would be the age of moss I bet he would have attracted some attention but not at 38 with that knee, in my opinion
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,143
Originally posted by English:
Very much like the Alex Smith threads over the years. However I do agree with you about the title.

But if you want something out of organisations, you have to give them a good reason. And I dont think he has done that. With the injury still in the front of their mind I cant see an NFL team offering him a roster position.
Yes I agree with you. The knee injury is the key factor here.There is no conspiracy against owens, there are no hobos who have been sighted near the grassy knoll where owens did his workouts. its the knee and his age