LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 217 users in the forums

Terrell Owens cannot be tolerated, even by the Indoor Football League

Shop 49ers game tickets
As Biggie once said "UPS is hiring"
Originally posted by cciowa:
they said he was cut because of what he did or not do on the field. That tells me he does not have it anymore.

I thought they said he was cut because of his antics. It seems like he was productive on the field for them.
8 games
35 catches
420 yards
12 yards a catch
10 TDS
I remember TO saying he is who is because of his grandma, who told him that he must always speak his find.

what have you done grandma.
  • dwett
  • Veteran
Well TO is simply another example that most professional athletes simply can't go out the way they envisioned it. Jerry Rice ended his career trying and failing to make the Broncos roster, but nobody remember or cares about it because of how great a player are representative of the NFL he was.

Can the same be said for TO. When voters look to put him into the HOF will they remember the player who could run any route, had the size and speed to take it to the house on any play, or will they remember the side-show that was TO. If the latter is true how much will that effect them in voting him into the HOF.

Will say that despite how much drama TO caused at the end of his time as a Niner, I will still remember the "Catch II" against Green Bay, or him taking a 5 yard slant to the house with such strength and speed that I had to question if it was humanly possible. Will the HOF voters think that way, we shall see, but I still hope TO is able to find a talent that will help him succeed after football, because his football days are clearly over.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
I thought they said he was cut because of his antics. It seems like he was productive on the field for them.

it was for both on the field non production and off the field antics. he is a equal opportunity loser
he had it in his contract that he didn't have to appear in road games...
TO definitely is a first ballot hall of famer. his statistics and impact on the game completely justify that. the other off the field stuff and destroying teams etc doesn't matter one bit. after all OJ Simpson is still in hall and so is LT amongst countless others. when they vote on the hall its based on stats and impact on the game not the off the field stuff. and he should and will definitely get in before c carter, monk, etc. those guys were really really good players but TO was a truly great player. dont let your hate towards TO cloud your vision of whether he belongs in the hall. he definitely does. yeah he had a lot of drops but who cares he still caught the ball at least enuf to be rated top 3 in every single wr category of all time. i'd say that says he caught the ball enough.
Originally posted by dwett:
Well TO is simply another example that most professional athletes simply can't go out the way they envisioned it. Jerry Rice ended his career trying and failing to make the Broncos roster, but nobody remember or cares about it because of how great a player are representative of the NFL he was.

Can the same be said for TO. When voters look to put him into the HOF will they remember the player who could run any route, had the size and speed to take it to the house on any play, or will they remember the side-show that was TO. If the latter is true how much will that effect them in voting him into the HOF.

Will say that despite how much drama TO caused at the end of his time as a Niner, I will still remember the "Catch II" against Green Bay, or him taking a 5 yard slant to the house with such strength and speed that I had to question if it was humanly possible. Will the HOF voters think that way, we shall see, but I still hope TO is able to find a talent that will help him succeed after football, because his football days are clearly over.

Jerry Rice didn't fAil at making the Broncos roster.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8297c359/article/brian-dawkins-drama-keeping-terrell-owens-out-of-nfl?module=HP11_headline_stack

"On the football field, he's one of the hardest working cats, seriously," Dawkins said on NFL.com's "Cover Two" podcast. "It's some of the antics early on, some of the way he treated people. Wisdom is you don't want to burn bridges along the way. When you burn those bridges with that guy, he talks to that guy who talks to that guy. That builds a web."

Basically what we already assumed.

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8297c359/article/brian-dawkins-drama-keeping-terrell-owens-out-of-nfl?module=HP11_headline_stack

"On the football field, he's one of the hardest working cats, seriously," Dawkins said on NFL.com's "Cover Two" podcast. "It's some of the antics early on, some of the way he treated people. Wisdom is you don't want to burn bridges along the way. When you burn those bridges with that guy, he talks to that guy who talks to that guy. That builds a web."

Basically what we already assumed.

web of burned bridges
I honestly thought the same thing. He clearly needs help.
Originally posted by ace49ers:
this guy should be on suicide watch.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
I remember TO saying he is who is because of his grandma, who told him that he must always speak his find.

what have you done grandma.

He found those in the middle drawer from the left.
  • flow
  • Veteran
This may sound crazy, but a part of me wants to see the Niners sign him. Harbaugh and the rest of our coaching staff seem strong enough to handle him.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by flow:
This may sound crazy, but a part of me wants to see the Niners sign him. Harbaugh and the rest of our coaching staff seem strong enough to handle him.

No one attended his nfl workout thus he went to the arena football league. A guy who gets cut there is not worthy of our attention.there is no reason to even consider this.I have forgotten he was ever a niner. He means nothing to me.why is he worried, after all he did get a 50 dollar severance check from his arena team, hahahaha. deserves him right.
Share 49ersWebzone