LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

Hakeem Nicks injured

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Adam Schefter
Giants wide receiver Hakeem Nicks fractured the fifth metatarsal of his right foot this morning during the team's second OTA.

Nicks fractured the fifth metatarsal of his right foot while running a route during individual drills in the team's practice facility. He will have surgery Friday and the approximate expected recovery time for the injury is 12 weeks.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7968772/hakeem-nicks-new-york-giants-breaks-foot-miss-12-weeks
[ Edited by Dino on May 24, 2012 at 1:07 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
We should trade them Kyle Williams now because he is already on their payroll.
Here's hoping we can make it through camp relatively healthy..... That's a pretty big blow for the Giants.
He'll be ready by training camp, and that dude is always hurt yet produces, don't think they should be worried unless it happens during season...
Hope he makes it back strong.
Is it a stretch to say that he's pretty injury prone?
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
He'll be ready by training camp, and that dude is always hurt yet produces, don't think they should be worried unless it happens during season...

You're right... I'm getting way ahead of myself thinking this is a huge deal for the Giants... He won't miss much quality time.
Originally posted by susweel:

this
12 weeks would have him available around the Third preseason game with no set backs shouldn't be a major issue for Giants
i fractured my 5th metatarsal and raced the next day in 20 deg temp. Rub some dirt on it!

Originally posted by 49erstrandedinclev:
12 weeks would have him available around the Third preseason game with no set backs shouldn't be a major issue for Giants

Barring any severe setbacks, he should be starting for NYG on opening day, really.

Lulz
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Barring any severe setbacks, he should be starting for NYG on opening day, really.

i doubt he will play preseason this year he should be ready for opening day 14 weeks away
3 months, back in sept

This for sure. Hope a speedy recovery for him.
Share 49ersWebzone