There are 37 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Looks like L.A. won't have an NFL franchise for awhile

Originally posted by SolRebe1:
I think I remember Al Davis saying the LA fanbase was inconsistent. A lot of fair-weather fans and wagon jumpers, well more so than other cities.

I'm from L.A. county and I can honestly say that's not true. The problem is L.A. has two of everyting. Lakers/Clippers, Dodgers/Angeles, UCLA/U$C and back in the day Rams/Raiders. We aren't like some cities who only have one NFL team let along one major sports team. If L.A. only had one NFL team it would for sure be supported. No doubt about it. Just look at how packed out USC games are.
Always loved the rivalry with LA teams Rams,Dodgers.Lakers
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Can someone answer this for me? Why did the raiders and rams move out there 17 years ago? isn't la an attractive market? Why wouldn't a team like the raiders or jaguars move to LA in a heartbeat?

Cuz they were losing money there. It's ALWAYS about the money son..
Magic Johnson will turn Dodgers stadium Into a football stadium and Aeg will build a new stadium for the Dodgers
SUCK MAH DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII*K LA

I was hoping the raiders would go back.
Originally posted by tonebone33:
Magic Johnson will turn Dodgers stadium Into a football stadium and Aeg will build a new stadium for the Dodgers

Ha! That will never happen. Dodger fans would be in an uproar.
  • hb123
  • Veteran
If you were irrelevant, you go unnoticed. But if you matter than haters gon' hate! Everyone hates LA. Hopefully Hollywood gets a team one day. Let them hate
Originally posted by mustangmele:
I think I remember Al Davis saying the LA fanbase was inconsistent. A lot of fair-weather fans and wagon jumpers, well more so than other cities.

I'm from L.A. county and I can honestly say t hat's not true. The problem is L.A. has two of everyting. Lakers/Clippers, Dodgers/Angeles, UCLA/U$C and back in the day Rams/Raiders. We aren't like some cities who only have one NFL team let along one major sports team. If L.A. only had one NFL team it would for sure be supported. No doubt about it. Just look at how packed out USC games are.

Originally posted by 99problems:
Originally posted by mustangmele:

I'm from L.A. county and I can honestly say t hat's not true. The problem is L.A. has two of everyting. Lakers/Clippers, Dodgers/Angeles, UCLA/U$C and back in the day Rams/Raiders. We aren't like some cities who only have one NFL team let along one major sports team. If L.A. only had one NFL team it would for sure be supported. No doubt about it. Just look at how packed out USC games are.

What don't you get?
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
area49 is crushed

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
poor area49

Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
area49 is crushed

This

And f**k la
Originally posted by 16to87:
Always loved the rivalry with LA teams Rams,Dodgers.Lakers

Yup. I'd love to see the Rams move back.
Does LA even care if they don't get and NFL team. It really seems that there is not a huge public. Movement to get one there. You may see Jacksonville move to Chicago for there new owner before you see a team in LA.
Originally posted by 49erstrandedinclev:
Does LA even care if they don't get and NFL team. It really seems that there is not a huge public. Movement to get one there. You may see Jacksonville move to Chicago for there new owner before you see a team in LA.

http://www.losangelesrams.org/

http://www.facebook.com/losangelesrams

yeah, let's rekindle the Santa Clara vs. Anaheim rivalry!
Originally posted by 49erstrandedinclev:

To answer your question, the answer is no. Here's what happened when the Rams and Raiders left. Just about all the Raider fans remained rooting for them. I hear its like being in a gang. If you leave they'll kill you! Joking aside Raider fans are extremly loyal fan base. Whether in LA or Oakland they'll follow the Raider Nation. Half the Ram fans continue to root for the Rams, while the other half have moved onto another NFL team. Since most in LA are still rooting for the Raiders or have moved on rooting for another NFL team there is very little push to get a team down here. Besides, LA is Laker country. Every sport comes second to the Lakers. I would go out on a limb and even say the Dodgers too.
[ Edited by mustangmele on Apr 12, 2012 at 5:12 PM ]