LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

Mark Sanchez three year extension?!? LOL

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Alex to Cleveland? Seattle? Morgan to follow?

Nah he'll be coming back. Cam Inman guesses 4 years, $45MM total, $20MM guaranteed. I think that sounds about right.

That's a number that can be absorbed over four years without crippling the cap if he flames out.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by Muggins:
Mark Sanchez received a 5-year extension from the Jets. When this contract expires, his girlfriend will finally be old enough to drive.

dude stole that from @NotBillWalton

Who cares its still funny

Exactly. lol Do I need to site my source on something like this?
What the F*CK are the jets thinking
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Alex to Cleveland? Seattle? Morgan to follow?

Nah he'll be coming back. Cam Inman guesses 4 years, $45MM total, $20MM guaranteed. I think that sounds about right.

That's a number that can be absorbed over four years without crippling the cap if he flames out.

Yup. Would be a good deal.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
What the F*CK are the jets thinking

Good. Now they can continue to be mediocre.
overhyped s**tty QB
Sanchez has gotten better each year, last year he put career best TDs (26), completion %, rating and yards. I think it's safe to assume he continues to get better. I sort of think he's stuck in the same situation as Smith was, with a defensive minded coach and not a very capable offensive staff who can really teach him to be a great NFL QB.

They got rid of Brian Schottenheimer as OC and hired Tony Sparano, I think he improves even more this year. Remember, despite very pedestrian statistics his first two years, he made it to 2 AFC Championship games, that says something.

However, $27 million is a f**k of a lot of guaranteed money, they really didn't need to give him that much lol.
[ Edited by KowboyKiller on Mar 9, 2012 at 9:09 PM ]
So when the hawks or browns offer Alex more money than we are willing to pay we go with.....Kaep, Tolz, and???

josh johnson
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Wow 20 mill/year to this guy? What in the hell are they thinking?

That number isnt correct.

Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter
Jets QB Mark Sanchez's new contract is a 3-year extension for $40.5 million, giving him five total years for $58.25 million, with $20.5 million fully guaranteed.

Yeah I got it mixed up, thanks. Still a big commitment to Sanchez though, not sure that's really smart.

Holy crap. Smith and Sanchez have comparable career numbers. What will this do to the negotiations with Smith? This is insane !!

It means Smith and Condon will stand by their guns, and the Cleveland Browns will offer Alex a 5-year 58 Million dollar contract (after having one game-managing year of the WCO under his belt).
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Holy crap. Smith and Sanchez have comparable career numbers. What will this do to the negotiations with Smith? This is insane !!

It means Smith and Condon will stand by their guns, and the Cleveland Browns will offer Alex a 5-year 58 Million dollar contract (after having one game-managing year of the WCO under his belt).

If that's the case let Alex walk. I'm an Alex fan but if he demand too much let him walk.
The Jets are a joke. If they have another year like last season Ryan and Tannenbaum will get s**tcanned for sure.
Originally posted by sfout:
Bandaid contract!

Sorry we flirted with not just Manning but scrubs like Chad Henne because we dont think you're good enough. This is going to be so funny when it all plays out, I bet Rex Ryan gets fired in 2 seasons after failing to make the playoffs and the new coach cuts Sanchez.

LOL 3 year for 60M! with 24 in guarantees? Baalke is offering Alex 24M with 8ish in guarantees.......This is going to get ugly.
Would you please provide a link supporting those numbers for Baalke and Alex?
Mark Sanchez is a f**king joke. The Jets are delusional if they think this guy is going to take them back to the AFC championship.
Share 49ersWebzone