There are 251 users in the forums

If Peyton ends up on the Cards or Hawks

Shop 49ers game tickets
Big one. Their team isn't complete trash. They do have some good players already. And they did beat us last year.
People need to understand something about Peyton. Both are important facts when considering Peyton on the Cards or Hawks.

#1 He is Old
#2 He has Zero Mobility

How do you think Peyton holds up over 16 games with those Olines? He will get killed, mark my words. Kolb & Jackson got destroyed behind each of those lines, Peyton will not last long either. Plus, Peyton needs to think about facing us twice a year.

Go ahead Cards or Hawks and sacrifice the future for a QB that is old, slow and injured. The Niners D will eat him for breakfast!
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/164010-how-big-threat-would-sign-peyton/

I fully agree with you though. Plus a lot of what he did in Indy was because he knew the system like the back of his hand. So did his receivers and the timing he had with them was remarkable. Not saying he won't work out but there are some concerns. New system, new receivers, new coaches, injuries, lack of mobility, age, big money, etc.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Looks like seahawks are going to go after him, while we sign alex f**king smith
If the niners don't get Peyton(which I am still hopeful for) I hope he stays anywhere in the AFC.
Originally posted by fister30:
If the niners don't get Peyton(which I am still hopeful for) I hope he stays anywhere in the AFC.

i think he will go to the hawks KC or jets

either way he needs a dominant o line he is quite immobile
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by fister30:

i think he will go to the hawks KC or jets

either way he needs a dominant o line he is quite immobile

I would hate to see Kurt Warner part 2 in Arizona or the hawks for that matter.
Originally posted by sf49ersx11:
That's the worst part about this. Why give up entirely on an investment like Kolb? Seattle makes way more sense from a management perspective. I think if Beanie Wells stays healthy and is consistent, the Cardinals improve dramatically. Let's not get the facts twisted we lost to John Skelton! To simply throw out reasoning like "ALDON SMITH" and "OUR D" is naive.

this are you guys still forgetting our d has trouble with the pass, look at the yards and points from the saints game? or how eli and victor cruz were mostly unstoppable.
If he is smart he won't go to ARI unless as part of his contract, they agree to rebuild the whole OLINE this year. I think he goes somewhere like miami, or denver, somewhere with better Olines.
Originally posted by JR80Forever:
People need to understand something about Peyton. Both are important facts when considering Peyton on the Cards or Hawks.

#1 He is Old
#2 He has Zero Mobility

How do you think Peyton holds up over 16 games with those Olines? He will get killed, mark my words. Kolb & Jackson got destroyed behind each of those lines, Peyton will not last long either. Plus, Peyton needs to think about facing us twice a year.

Go ahead Cards or Hawks and sacrifice the future for a QB that is old, slow and injured. The Niners D will eat him for breakfast!

Did you say the same thing about Kurt Warner too?

Do not underestimate Manning. If he goes to a division rival then that is cause for concern.

Originally posted by walker807:

Do not underestimate Manning. If he goes to a division rival then that is cause for concern.

warner has always been moble

but manning with all his neck and spinal injureies is a cause for concern itself warner was healthy

manning injuries even if he can throw those injuries stay for a lifetime they just dont heal
if peyton ends up on cards or seahawks i say fangio should put a bounty on his ass
If he went to either team it would be a problem. Seattle would be an immediate contender if he went there. They would need help on the front 7 but offensively they would be ready to go. Great running game and they have a crop or wr's that Peyton would make better. Arizona would be more of a stretch b/c of there offensive line but they have a good front 7 defensively. Manning to Fitz would be a huge problem. I think Seattle and KC are the 2 best spots for him since SF, and Houston don't seem to be making a push for Manning.
Originally posted by walker807:

Kurt Warner is much different then Peyton in terms of where they were in there career when they became FA's. So no I didn't say that. Also with or without Peyton the online in Zona still sucks.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
not scared, lol
Share 49ersWebzone