There are 211 users in the forums

If Peyton ends up on the Cards or Hawks

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by sf49ersx11:
Originally posted by Allx9er:
wasted picks and money by getting kolb if they turn around and try to sign peyton
niners D would be all over em anyhow

That's the worst part about this. Why give up entirely on an investment like Kolb? Seattle makes way more sense from a management perspective. I think if Beanie Wells stays healthy and is consistent, the Cardinals improve dramatically. Let's not get the facts twisted we lost to John Skelton! To simply throw out reasoning like "ALDON SMITH" and "OUR D" is naive.

last time the niners played ind it wasnt peytons arm that won the game it was addai's but, that's really here nor there. im really foggy on that particular game and im not trying to take anything from the cards D because they are pretty good but, i think we went into that "dont f**k up" type of offense at some point which probably kept the door open. skelton, im pretty sure for the most part plays like hot trash in summer on a sunday sizzlen on the side walk. sure he did enough to help his team get a win but not banking on him being a major thorn in the niners side at any point in the future.
They would be a huge threat. I don't want Peyton Manning anywhere near the NFC West unless he is wearing a 49ers jersey.
Not Scared lol
Originally posted by okdkid:
Maybe bigger than last season. But they'd be f**ked going forward. An expensive short term solution? I hope the Cardinals sign him.

Kolb's not the answer and the 2nd they realize that the better off they are. I'm not sure how signing a guy to a little risk contract that Peyton seems to be asking for is considered as ***** going forward.

Yeah eventually he'll retire in to 2-3 years. If you do it right you'll have a replacement otherwise you won't. There was a time when Arizona signed a washed up 34 year old qb. That worked out pretty well for them.
manning has always sucked against 3-4 teams if he signs with seattle he will have a problem against us and zona

zona is out of the Q wit the kolb signing last year
Not scared.
u guys are so scared of competition its crazy, u think the pats give a f**k about who the jets sign? or the ravens give a s**t who the steelers get? they might get better but thats GOOD for us, makes us raise our play
Originally posted by crabman82:
u guys are so scared of competition its crazy, u think the pats give a f**k about who the jets sign? or the ravens give a s**t who the steelers get? they might get better but thats GOOD for us, makes us raise our play

I like the easiest path possible. We lose one game to Arizona and all of the sudden that home game against New Orleans is a road game.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by crabman82:

I like the easiest path possible. We lose one game to Arizona and all of the sudden that home game against New Orleans is a road game.

wow i couldnt disagree more, the better the competition, the more your forced to step up, also sont like going through the whole season hearing about how we havent beat or played anyone of signifficance
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Maybe bigger than last season. But they'd be f**ked going forward. An expensive short term solution? I hope the Cardinals sign him.

Kolb's not the answer and the 2nd they realize that the better off they are. I'm not sure how signing a guy to a little risk contract that Peyton seems to be asking for is considered as ***** going forward.

Yeah eventually he'll retire in to 2-3 years. If you do it right you'll have a replacement otherwise you won't. There was a time when Arizona signed a washed up 34 year old qb. That worked out pretty well for them.

Yep, they had one good season. And they're still paying the price to this day. They had to trade a hefty sum away to simply see if a guy could cut it as a starter.

If this is going to be their M.O., I'm all for their long term self destruction.

So they win 9+ games with Manning. That team is not a Super Bowl contender with him. So what's the point. They're just delaying the inevitable.

They won't be in position to draft a solid QB. And they won't have the money to sign any of the solid options in FA (rarely are any available anyways).

They simply delay the inevitable.

as long as levi is starting, peyton retires half way through the season.

Yep, they had one good season. And they're still paying the price to this day. They had to trade a hefty sum away to simply see if a guy could cut it as a starter.

If this is going to be their M.O., I'm all for their long term self destruction.

So they win 9+ games with Manning. That team is not a Super Bowl contender with him. So what's the point. They're just delaying the inevitable.

They won't be in position to draft a solid QB. And they won't have the money to sign any of the solid options in FA (rarely are any available anyways).

They simply delay the inevitable.

agreed, manning at his absolute peak was spotty in the playoffs, true losses arent all on 1 guy (even kyle williams) but he often seemed to be just off, a lot, in big games
Y'all want to have a good laugh? Check out Peyton Manning's Fan Club:

http://forums.azcardinals.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Peyton sucks against complex 3-4 defenses, and we shut him down with almost half of the (then, not entirely-developed) defensive talent in which we have now, back in 2009, during their last Superbowl run (despite us losing, he couldn't score a single TD).

I remember that game... they needed a trick play Addai to Wayne TD to beat us. We coasted like every other game or we could have won that. We had Justin Smith and all the DL/LBs standing up. He didn't know what was coming from where. He's a genius at the line but what we did totally countered it.
I think the Seahawks are more likely to sign him. I also think they are a more dangerous team with him than the Cards are.
Share 49ersWebzone