LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

I hate to be THAT guy.....but Lee Evans....

Shop 49ers game tickets
i would be surprised if we showed any interest. but if we don't re-sign Morgan I wouldn't mind kicking his tires.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:
We had pick 16 and traded down twice to get to 30(?) and Evans was pick 13. Had a decent career with the Bills considering they didn't really have that good of QB play (Losman, Edwards).
thank you !
Originally posted by Garcia:
pretty sure he had like 10 receptions during the year

Hence the bargain.
I have a particular love for this guy because of Fantasy football. Heart says yes, mind says no.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Hence the bargain.

He's injury prone though

Last year we had a receiver that broke is leg and another receiver with nagging injuries that we cut. And dont forget Crabtree's foot injury the past 3 years. The last thing I want is an injury prone receiver
no thanks
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
my takeaway from that is that Peter King is a douchebag moron.

this is true
He's the more famous version of lowell cohn

lowell is better at being a douchebag!

fixed
Lee Evans < Everybody else
in my mind, hes the type of player who goes to a team like the pats and really helps them, hes a good player and was for years in buffalo, although fans will only remember what happened in afc title game
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Peter King ‏ @SI_PeterKing RT @si_nfl: Ravens plan on releasing WR Evans ... Now there's a stunner. What a productive player for them. Especially when it counted.

I take it this is sarcasm? dude had 4 catches last year in 9 games... no thanks

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Paul:
Peter King ‏ @SI_PeterKing RT @si_nfl: Ravens plan on releasing WR Evans ... Now there's a stunner. What a productive player for them. Especially when it counted.

I take it this is sarcasm? dude had 4 catches last year in 9 games... no thanks

what a dueche. that db made a heads up play and knocked the ball out of his hands, only way evans ever comes down with that catch is if he had arms 4 inches longer or massive hands. But yea Lee Evans is not going to be "the guy" on any team he is just a good #3 do not want.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Probably will go to St. Louis or one of the other WR-needy teams, but not us. Come on down, following teams:

Rams, Jaguars, Browns, Texans, Bears, Vikings, Bucs, Jets, maybe even Buffalo again.

And there you go. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d828540df/article/report-lee-evans-jacksonville-jaguars-agree-on-oneyear-deal?module=HP11_headline_stack
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I'm the same way Marvin but I wouldn't mind Evans although I would think one of the lowly teams out there could offer him a bigger deal than us.

A couple of us were talking Aaron Smith... 35 years old, only 15 games in the past 3 years but has been with Pitt since 99 and won 2 sbs with them. Could be a vet presence guy who rarely plays like Demetric Evans a few years back. Should be able to give a lot of insight. Don't think it will happen but threw it out there.

I like this idea a lot, the loss of Reggie left us short one Smith from last year and this would be a great replacement Smith. Of course, you completely sold me with your Demetric Evans comparison.
Originally posted by thedude:
I like this idea a lot, the loss of Reggie left us short one Smith from last year and this would be a great replacement Smith. Of course, you completely sold me with your Demetric Evans comparison.

Not sure if you were serious or not but anyways Aaron Smith retired and Lee Evans signed with the Jaguars so this thread can be locked.
Share 49ersWebzone