There are 79 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Steelers continue the purge: Smith, Kemoeatu, Farrior to be released along with Ward

Originally posted by 9erguy:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
another Smith? Bring him in.

I agree. Should bring in Hines as well, on a 1 yr deal, to coach up KW and Crabs. Smith would be a good addition on a 1 yr deal...barring health issues and his age, this guy is sooo underrated.

Smith could retire on the west coast and Hines would be closer to his homeland of Korea
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:
James Farrior was just cut this morning.

The purge continues, as they Steelers attempt to get back to a healthy standing underneath the cap.

I could see Farrior going to the Eagles

Maybe, that or the Colts.
James Farrior was just cut this morning.

The purge continues, as they Steelers attempt to get back to a healthy standing underneath the cap.

I could see Farrior going to the Eagles

Maybe, that or the Colts.

definitely. good call. What do you think about Aaron Smith for a year. He could relieve Justin and Ray 6-10 plays a game. Just a thought. I know he's been hurt the last 2-3 yrs..but as a situational role and his veteran leadership would be a nice addition to the team.
Please let the Cardinals sign all of these players.
Originally posted by okdkid:

and Manning/Wayne package

I know they are all "old"..but would be a scary bunch to face next year. Although i think our D would hurt half of their offense before halftime.
[ Edited by 9erguy on Mar 2, 2012 at 8:44 AM ]

and Manning/Wayne package

I know they are all "old"..but would be a scary bunch to face next year. Although i think our D would hurt half of their offense before halftime.

Yes, all of that!

The Cardinals would be f**ked up for years.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
definitely. good call. What do you think about Aaron Smith for a year. He could relieve Justin and Ray 6-10 plays a game. Just a thought. I know he's been hurt the last 2-3 yrs..but as a situational role and his veteran leadership would be a nice addition to the team.

As much as I've seen people all over the board say how great of signing it would be to get Aaron Smith here I dont see it working. We'd have to sacrifice either Demarcus Dobbs, Ian Willaims, or Will Tukuafu, all promising young players to enable the Aaron Smith signing. Signing a player who has only played in 15 games in 3 years at the expense of developing our roster makes zero sense.

As much as I've seen people all over the board say how great of signing it would be to get Aaron Smith here I dont see it working. We'd have to sacrifice either Demarcus Dobbs, Ian Willaims, or Will Tukuafu, all promising young players to enable the Aaron Smith signing. Signing a player who has only played in 15 games in 3 years at the expense of developing our roster makes zero sense.

That is true. I agree, aside from an injury in training camp to one of those players.
Smith could retire on the west coast and Hines would be closer to his homeland of Korea

But it's farther from his homeland of Africa
Originally posted by dhp318:

But it's farther from his homeland of Africa

jrg?
And they are gonna lose Wallace.
Sign everybody's cast offs!!

They were good in 2007!

Thats what everybody said about Walt Harris and Larry Allen.
Originally posted by susweel:

What else does your crystal ball reveal? They released these players for a reason. 10+ mil under the cap now.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jojomellon:
Originally posted by susweel:

What else does your crystal ball reveal? They released these players for a reason. 10+ mil under the cap now.

so they can give him an RFA tender and should a team bite they will receive their 1st for comp. only being 10Mill under the cap will allow them to tender Ramon Foster, re-sign Jerricho Cotchery, William Gay and their draft choices, and maybe 1 or 2 super low cost FAs.
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Thats what everybody said about Walt Harris and Larry Allen.

Dude, those 2 guys played pretty well for us, loved watching Larry Allen pancake fools even at an old age, Walt was pretty solid for an older Cb aswell.