LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 367 users in the forums

Steelers continue the purge: Smith, Kemoeatu, Farrior to be released along with Ward

Shop 49ers game tickets
Don't want any of these guys.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

Exactly.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

Exactly.

I dont want them either :D Point was to show the Steelers progress toward creating room for Wallace, Foster, Cotchery and Gay. I still say Wallace walks.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
a purge is considered 4 players? The Steelers were smart in releasing guys that were on the wrong side of 30, they will still win 10-12 games next year
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Paul:
a purge is considered 4 players? The Steelers were smart in releasing guys that were on the wrong side of 30, they will still win 10-12 games next year

glad you disagree with my word choice, you know instead of describing the amount of players being removed it was a description of the money, as those 4 players probably had about 10 or 15 million in cap usage. Ward was $4m, Farrior was 3 or 4, Smith was about the same and I dont know Kemoeatu's # but he it was a nice chunk. They also released Arnaz Battle and one onother player to get this far under the cap.
They really slowed down. They'll be looking to pick up fast guys in the draft. At this point their cap situation won't allow them to compete effectively in FA. I'd love to get Wallace - 25 years old, fast, good hands ad PROVEN.

a WR at #30 is still a gamble.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
They really slowed down. They'll be looking to pick up fast guys in the draft. At this point their cap situation won't allow them to compete effectively in FA. I'd love to get Wallace - 25 years old, fast, good hands ad PROVEN.

a WR at #30 is still a gamble.

When have the Steelers ever participated in free agency?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jojomellon:
When have the Steelers ever participated in free agency?

Never, the sign guys like Cotchery for dirt cheap.
Share 49ersWebzone