There are 308 users in the forums

2012 Hall of Fame inductees

Shop 49ers game tickets
Curtis Martin? Really?
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Eddie D didn't make it smh

Chris Carter snubbed again
This class is complete b******t. HOF's standards are going waaay down. These are very good players that put up great stats, but the HOF should be reserved for those who completely dominated the sport. The only player I'd even consider among these inductees is Willie Roaf. I'm neutral on Jack Butler, he was way before my time.

None of these players made the impact on the game like Eddie D. Modern Franchises are run the way they are because of what Eddie D accomplished during his time with the 49ers.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Feb 4, 2012 at 3:44 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
How can dirt bags like Michael Irvin get in and good players like Tim Brown, Chris Carter and good WRs not get in.
Originally posted by susweel:
How can dirt bags like Michael Irvin get in and good players like Tim Brown, Chris Carter and good WRs not get in.

Because Michael Irvin was/is an attention whore. No such thing as bad press.

HOF'er
  • Paul
  • Veteran
will Art Monk ever get in? BTW I'd take Bettis over Martin, he has a ring and was a bit more dominant imo. I think the class isn't too bad
thanks KW.....you fumbled away Eddie D's chances this year too

Love Curtis Martin. My favorite non-49er.
Curtin Martin has to be the most boring successful RB in NFL history.

he was a really good player, obviously, and durable, consistent, and a classy guy. But name me one "Curtis Martin moment." I bet you can't.

I'm of the belief that Hall of Famers should be memorable players, guys who made an impact, who dazzled the fans by doing something incredible. (obviously that standard is hard to apply to all positions, but just as a general barometer, that's what I think). Jerome Bettis was a much more memorable player than Martin. I have nothing against Martin--classy guy, really good player, a guy you'd like on your team. Just hard to say he's one of the all-time greats even with his stats.

Curtis Martin over Cris Carter.... wow
When Eddie was forced to give up the team he lost all chances at getting into the HOF.
will Art Monk ever get in?

Art Monk got in in 2008. These guys all were deserving, but what a snoozer of a class.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran

Its simple..Michael Irvin has 3 rings, Chris Carter has 0.

Do i agree with it? No.. Chris Carter was a much better player and person than Irvin. Its stupid
Originally posted by ImaMod:

Its simple..Michael Irvin has 3 rings, Chris Carter has 0.

Do i agree with it? No.. Chris Carter was a much better player and person than Irvin. Its stupid

the whole "Cowboy: factor helped as well
Share 49ersWebzone