Comeback Player of the Year: Matthew Stafford

Offensive Player of the Year: Drew Brees

Defensive Player of the Year: Terrell Suggs

MVP: Aaron Rodger

Am i missing anything?
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Von Miller? You're joking?
So how is it that Aaron Rodgers won the MVP? If they meant it in a literal sense, like "who depends on that player the most", then Matt Flynn proved Rodgers shouldn't be the winner. If they meant it in a "best player, period" sense, why did Brees win offensive player of the year?

Doesn't make sense...
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
So how is it that Aaron Rodgers won the MVP? If they meant it in a literal sense, like "who depends on that player the most", then Matt Flynn proved Rodgers shouldn't be the winner. If they meant it in a "best player, period" sense, why did Brees win offensive player of the year?

Doesn't make sense...

because statistically wise Brees had the best year, he broke records, etc. Rodgers was the best player on the best team (record wise) and probably is the best player
Is my guess.
Originally posted by Chief:
Von Miller? You're joking?

I was pissed too.
It's such a joke how much they overplay the story of Aaron Rodgers growing up idolizing Joe Montana...Rodgers was just 6 years old during Montana's last season where he actually played for us (1990).
Originally posted by ImaMod:

Doesn't make sense...

because statistically wise Brees had the best year, he broke records, etc. Rodgers was the best player on the best team (record wise) and probably is the best player
Is my guess.

Matt Flynn quarterbacked the greatest game in packer history in his abscense, so I doubt they wouldve pulled a 2011 Colts without Rodgers. And then Brees was voted best offensive player. I just don't get how those 2 things happen, and it's Rodgers with the MVP?

I don't know if Flynn is special, or it's the system, but either way week 17 proved Rodgers wasn't the linchpin to the teams success.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Feb 5, 2012 at 1:35 AM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
i want to suck on Katy Perry's butt hole.

Anybody record Alex's speech?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Whomeam:

You're welcome.
Originally posted by ImaMod:

Doesn't make sense...

Is my guess.

Matt Flynn quarterbacked the greatest game in packer history in his abscense, so I doubt they wouldve pulled a 2011 Colts without Rodgers. And then Brees was voted best offensive player. I just don't get how those 2 things happen, and it's Rodgers with the MVP?

I don't know if Flynn is special, or it's the system, but either way week 17 proved Rodgers wasn't the linchpin to the teams success.

I think Rodgers had a better year than Brees. He played in 15 games and had 45 TDs to 6 INTs, that is just insane. If he played against the lions he would have had more TDs than Brees and would have hit 5000 yards. Brees put up a lot of yards but he only had 1 more TD and way more INTS than Rodgers.

What Flynn did has nothing to do with Rodgers other than prove that he is a very good backup QB and possibly a starter somewhere else.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by Whomeam:

You're welcome.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
SUGGS WON THE AWARD?????? I can understand Allen getting it, but SUGGS??????

this.
Share 49ersWebzone