LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 403 users in the forums

Greg Manusky fired!

Shop 49ers game tickets
I call scapegoat, everything was working before Manusky got there.
takeo =
Originally posted by andes14:
Dave Campo went back to his old team (Dallas) as a position coach. It's been done. If we lose Leavitt to a college gig, we could do worse than bringing in Manusky as LB coach.

Yeah, but no to the coach who cut him loose.
[ Edited by thedude on Jan 5, 2012 at 5:04 PM ]
yah. I loved his vanilla defense. Although I did support him while he was here. sucked major balls though.
his schemes were soft
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
I supported him while he was here, but I think that the team's success this year coupled with SD's regression shows that he was not the best coach.

Exactly, I was a proponent of his but looking back he was just an average to above average coach.

I hated him and thought he sucked and I was a huge fan of the Fangio hiring.

I'm just smarter than you guys.

Stop rubbing it in, we already know that.

Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
his schemes were soft

He wouldn't be the one scheming as a position coach. Also, he did have his moments. Remember the Colts game in '09? I think Manning hadn't been sacked for like 7 weeks in a row prior to that and we got to him not once, not twice, but THREE times. We also didn't allow him to throw a TD pass and they had to reach WAY deep in their bag of tricks (Addai TD pass) to beat us. And that team started 14-0.
his schemes were soft

He wouldn't be the one scheming as a position coach. Also, he did have his moments. Remember the Colts game in '09? I think Manning hadn't been sacked for like 7 weeks in a row prior to that and we got to him not once, not twice, but THREE times. We also didn't allow him to throw a TD pass and they had to reach WAY deep in their bag of tricks (Addai TD pass) to beat us. And that team started 14-0.

do not want him back anywhere near this team lol
He was TEH SSUUUXXOOORRSSS compared to what we have now....

his schemes were soft

The d-coordinator runs the overall scheme for the defense. Position coaches work on things like fundamentals, technique, etc. for their position group.
his schemes were soft

The d-coordinator runs the overall scheme for the defense. Position coaches work on things like fundamentals, technique, etc. for their position group.

Uhh.

You do know that Manusky hasn't been a position coach since his first stint with the Chargers right? He was d coordinator with the niners and this past season with SD.
Uhh.

You do know that Manusky hasn't been a position coach since his first stint with the Chargers right? He was d coordinator with the niners and this past season with SD.

Your point?
It wouldn't surprise me if Norv threw Manusk under the bus.

''Nah uh! It's Gregs' fault!''
never really liked him and no need to bring him back leave the past in the past
Share 49ersWebzone