LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 315 users in the forums

Greg Manusky fired!

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Veteran
AtTweet by Eric Branch is reporting that Greg Manusky has been fired by SD Chargers!
HIRE HIM TO BE OUR OC WHEN ROMAN LEAVES
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
norv still there?? That's odd.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Somebody is going to have to fall on the sword, if not the GM and HC. Got to sell the fan base on some sort of change.
Someone had to fall but, in opposite to the Colts, it was the right one. Their D was relatively good when Rivera was there, this year it sucked big-time. So, firing Manusky was the right step.
Originally posted by communist:
Someone had to fall but, in opposite to the Colts, it was the right one. Their D was relatively good when Rivera was there, this year it sucked big-time. So, firing Manusky was the right step.

and look how much our D improved when he left. The numbers don't look good for him, I don't think he is much of an D Coord....LB coach is his ceiling
Not surprised. That D went from #1 to #16 overall in a year. that's a pretty big drop.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
should we sign him?
Originally posted by Paul:
should we sign him?

Nah we don't need him
This dude held us back. Another Nolan hire.

meh

the chargers had a lot of injuries ond efense wasnt really his fault
I don't see us losing Fangio, but if any of our defensive assistant coaches find jobs elsewhere, I wouldn't mind having him as a position coach...yeah, I said it.
I supported him while he was here, but I think that the team's success this year coupled with SD's regression shows that he was not the best coach.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
I supported him while he was here, but I think that the team's success this year coupled with SD's regression shows that he was not the best coach.

Exactly, I was a proponent of his but looking back he was just an average to above average coach.
That's too bad. I know and care absolutely nothing about the Chargers, but I do know that with a more competently run offense, Manusky's tenure with the Niners would have looked very different. While I was very frustrated with Manusky's pusillanimous approach to the blitz in the 3-4, I'll willingly concede that he ran a very effective defense.

I'm sure he won't be living in a cardboard box anytime soon.
Share 49ersWebzone