LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 312 users in the forums

Greg Manusky fired!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
I don't see us losing Fangio, but if any of our defensive assistant coaches find jobs elsewhere, I wouldn't mind having him as a position coach...yeah, I said it.

I cant see him going back to the team that let him go to be a Positional Coach, wouldnt work out IMO.

After giving it some thought, you may be right. Plus, Susweel said he talked trash when leaving, I don't remember, but could've happened. If so, Manusky may have burned bridges while heading out the door and wouldn't be welcomed back to SF anyway.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
I supported him while he was here, but I think that the team's success this year coupled with SD's regression shows that he was not the best coach.

Exactly, I was a proponent of his but looking back he was just an average to above average coach.

I hated him and thought he sucked and I was a huge fan of the Fangio hiring.

I'm just smarter than you guys.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
I supported him while he was here, but I think that the team's success this year coupled with SD's regression shows that he was not the best coach.

Exactly, I was a proponent of his but looking back he was just an average to above average coach.

I hated him and thought he sucked and I was a huge fan of the Fangio hiring.

I'm just smarter than you guys.

Stop rubbing it in, we already know that.
Someone had to take the blame for Norv. Looks like Mannusky was the fall guy.
AHAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I always thought Manusky was too conservative with his scheme
Looks like life ain't so easy when you don't have Justin Smith and Patrick Willis.
when i heard SD hired him at the beginning of the season....i saw this coming haha. He is a mediocre coordinator at best
I think our defensive talent honestly hid a lot of Manusky's weaknesses as a DC. Patrick Willis made plays all over the field and our D-line was always good, but with Justin Smith and Jim Tomsula as a position coach, I feel like Manusky wasn't the one to credit for those front 7's.

San Diego should have been owning that division for the last 5 years..
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
The Curse Of TKO!!!

Thats what I was thinking.....
Originally posted by 12b6demurrer:
I think our defensive talent honestly hid a lot of Manusky's weaknesses as a DC. Patrick Willis made plays all over the field and our D-line was always good, but with Justin Smith and Jim Tomsula as a position coach, I feel like Manusky wasn't the one to credit for those front 7's.
Oh really?
Really.Whoi else is Chargers going to blame. Poor coaching staff!!
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I don't see us losing Fangio, but if any of our defensive assistant coaches find jobs elsewhere, I wouldn't mind having him as a position coach...yeah, I said it.

I cant see him going back to the team that let him go to be a Positional Coach, wouldnt work out IMO.

After giving it some thought, you may be right. Plus, Susweel said he talked trash when leaving, I don't remember, but could've happened. If so, Manusky may have burned bridges while heading out the door and wouldn't be welcomed back to SF anyway.

Dave Campo went back to his old team (Dallas) as a position coach. It's been done. If we lose Leavitt to a college gig, we could do worse than bringing in Manusky as LB coach.
Share 49ersWebzone