There are 50 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mike Martz resigns as Bears OC

merc's plans to take over another team mid-season have failed
its a pass driven league. He'll get a job some where.

The Rams should give him a chance again.....but they have Bradford and he seems fragile. If the Seahawks didn't have a HC, I think he'd do well there with their weapons at WR.
Martz is a remarkable Coordinator.

I wouldnt mind having him as a HC at those Smaller market Teams.

TB- Jacks- Buffalo- Clv- etc.. He is an aggressive coach who would preffer a 40 yard bomb on 2nd and 6 than a 3yr run. He would fill the seats easily instead of having all the blackouts these teams have all the time.
i keep reading this as re-signs ):
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
wow! He has plans up his sleeve for sure. Either wants a HC NFL or college gig.

Maybe he can convince Penn State to take him, and finally help the Niners' offense.

• TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by Paul:
Why does Martz keep getting canned?

Because his offensive philosophy is outdated, not to mention the propensity for a outrageous number of sacks and turnovers.

That's ridiculous. He was ahead of his time and the league is just now catching up. He was knocked for throwing 30-40 times a game, that's the standard now. The problem is his offense is built to play indoors. It worked great in Detroit, not so much here and Chicago outdoors and with teams constructed to run the ball.
Peter King @SI_PeterKing 2m
RT @JayGlazer: Bears promoting Mike Tice to offensive coordinator, putting him in charge of run game and pairing him w a passing game coach.
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:
Martz is a remarkable Coordinator.

I wouldnt mind having him as a HC at those Smaller market Teams.

TB- Jacks- Buffalo- Clv- etc.. He is an aggressive coach who would preffer a 40 yard bomb on 2nd and 6 than a 3yr run. He would fill the seats easily instead of having all the blackouts these teams have all the time.
These teams have blackouts b/c they are bad ovr. Plain and simple. And it's not like the Bills don't have any fans.
Originally posted by TX9R:

Because his offensive philosophy is outdated, not to mention the propensity for a outrageous number of sacks and turnovers.

That's ridiculous. He was ahead of his time and the league is just now catching up. He was knocked for throwing 30-40 times a game, that's the standard now. The problem is his offense is built to play indoors. It worked great in Detroit, not so much here and Chicago outdoors and with teams constructed to run the ball.

There is a lot more wrong with his offensive philosophy than just throwing 30-40 times a game. Defenses figured him out years ago. He needs the perfect combination of skill players to make his offense work.

He was innovative, I'll give him that. But his run was short lived. No way he will ever have the success he had in St. Louis.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Peter King @SI_PeterKing 2m
RT @JayGlazer: Bears promoting Mike Tice to offensive coordinator, putting him in charge of run game and pairing him w a passing game coach.

LMAO. Well, you can put this down as a W for next year! Mike Tice? C'mon man!
Originally posted by TX9R:

There is a lot more wrong with his offensive philosophy than just throwing 30-40 times a game. Defenses figured him out years ago. He needs the perfect combination of skill players to make his offense work.

He was innovative, I'll give him that. But his run was short lived. No way he will ever have the success he had in St. Louis.

The bears were the #1 seed last year with a healthy team, and if Cutler wasn't a little b***h, they probably could of won that game lol

This year they where playoff bound until cutler got injured