There are 224 users in the forums

Colts VP Bill Polian and GM Chris Polian OUT of Indy

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
footballscoop FootballScoop Staff

RT @evansilva: #Colts owner Jim Irsay must not have been a fan of GM Chris Polian. Didn't say his name once at Monday's presser.
Originally posted by Paul:
I believe if they had signed a proven veteran back up or hell started Orlovsky sooner they would have won more games.
He drafted Painter who failed, nearly the whole defense failed, pass protection failed for years. Everyone saw this even when Peyton was on the field.
no team should collapse like that after losing one player. They haven't had a run game or defense for years, and have relied on a few individuals to take over games. That's not how you build a team, even if those individuals you relied on were all-time greats who were so talented that you could win a bunch of regular season games in a s**tty division. Shocking how far Indy has fallen in one year, but these guys had to be fired, IMO, and Caldwell is next.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
no team should collapse like that after losing one player. They haven't had a run game or defense for years, and have relied on a few individuals to take over games. That's not how you build a team, even if those individuals you relied on were all-time greats who were so talented that you could win a bunch of regular season games in a s**tty division. Shocking how far Indy has fallen in one year, but these guys had to be fired, IMO, and Caldwell is next.
How could I forget about this one...That's embarrassingxembarassing if you think about how feared the passing game is/was with Peyton. Usually, installing a working ground game should be any easy task under these circumstances.
And Guys, plz dont forget that the Colts luckily made the playoffs last year. If they had lost the game against the Jags, they weren't in the POs at all last year.
Originally posted by Paul:
Originally posted by communist:
He WAS a solid GM. Had some talk with an Indy-fan who told me that at the beginning polian drafted very well but since 2007 especially the firstrounders failed big-time. Additionally to that, look at the system...this Manning-only system is also his "work".

I believe if they had signed a proven veteran back up or hell started Orlovsky sooner they would have won more games.

Orlovsky sucks, as does Painter. They screwed up by ignoring backup to Peyton.
I wonder if they fired the Polians because of performance deficiencies, or if they're simply making a gesture of good faith toward Jeff Fisher and preemptively clearing the decks for him?
Share 49ersWebzone