LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 223 users in the forums

Colts VP Bill Polian and GM Chris Polian OUT of Indy

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ImaMod:
They didnt have talent for s**t

Manning made everyone look good, such a fail on their part by not surrounding him with more talent over the years
That's what I'm talking about for months... Polian made an awful job the last years. New regimes mean new QBs and thats why I think that the Colts will draft Luck and won't resign Peyton...time to move on.

edit: like I know, Peyton has a 1yr-deal (2011) with a 4-year-option...Only if the Colts accept this option, Peyton will get the 28M...Am I right?
[ Edited by communist on Jan 2, 2012 at 6:39 PM ]
damn i wonder what would happen if manning had an offense like bradys
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Quote:
JasonLaCanfora Jason La Canfora

Irsay says it's "not out of the realm of possibility" that Caldwell is back.

no way he's back
Yea, translation = "we are waiting to see if our new GM wants to bring him back"
Originally posted by gold49digger:
damn i wonder what would happen if manning had an team like bradys

fixed
I'm not sure about getting rid of Bill Polian?... Peyton Manning has a bad neck, he goes down injured and they have 1 bad year. And blow up the entire thing including Bill Polian who has been hugely successful over time in the NFL... Might be an overreaction by Indy.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:
damn i wonder what would happen if manning had an offense like bradys

and a coach like Bellichick. SMH colts Caldwell, really?
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Regarding Caldwell: He may not be the problem. But he certainly has shown not to be the answer. Time for a change.
Originally posted by ImaMod:
and a coach like Bellichick. SMH colts Caldwell, really?

I also thought dungy was a little overrated too.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Polian is still a solid GM.... he should immediately find other work
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by okdkid:
They really need to rebuild. Enough with this Manning nonsense. Their roster is abysmal, top to bottom.

Manning, at best, gives them 3 more years of mediocrity. Then what?

They have to bite the bullet eventually. Do it now while Manning has trade value.

Get Manning to restructure (so he can be traded), ask him to give 5 teams he'd like to play for, and work out a deal with one of those teams.

Really? I'd take Pierre Garcon any day over any WR we have on this team.

Not over Crabtree, I wouldn't.

Originally posted by NinerGM:
They really need to rebuild. Enough with this Manning nonsense. Their roster is abysmal, top to bottom.

Manning, at best, gives them 3 more years of mediocrity. Then what?

They have to bite the bullet eventually. Do it now while Manning has trade value.

Get Manning to restructure (so he can be traded), ask him to give 5 teams he'd like to play for, and work out a deal with one of those teams.

Really? I'd take Pierre Garcon any day over any WR we have on this team.

Not over Crabtree, I wouldn't.

Crabtree is probably a little better hands. Garcon is probably a little faster.
Originally posted by Paul:
Polian is still a solid GM.... he should immediately find other work
He WAS a solid GM. Had some talk with an Indy-fan who told me that at the beginning polian drafted very well but since 2007 especially the firstrounders failed big-time. Additionally to that, look at the system...this Manning-only system is also his "work".
Thanks for the fine post, these are the kind of posts that make thhe zone fun. Smart feedback and fresh ideas.

Polian lost his touch. PManning was the Colts and one of the best QB of all time.

The Colts decline was accelerated by miserable OLine selections. This year it came to a head and w/out Manning their D was on the field way too long and paid the price.

IMO, this is a serious rebuilding project. Luck is the smart move - Payton is over 30, coming of a VERY serious injury and could be very rusty or gun shy when cominng back. Basicly, he will be a target for other defenses who will come after him like never before. Luck is young, big & strong AND will have another 10-13 years to keep them in contention.

The Colts can win whatever they do. Keep Manninng and have him tutor Luck for 2 seasons - the Farve/Rodgers thing turned out real well. OR, tell Manning if he is willing to renegotiaste his contract/bonus they'll trade him to any NFC team of his choice - providing they get excellent trade vallue.

I wish the Polians well.
Very well deserved. The Polians are the reason why they couldn't get more than one Super Bowl out of Peyton Manning.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Originally posted by communist:
He WAS a solid GM. Had some talk with an Indy-fan who told me that at the beginning polian drafted very well but since 2007 especially the firstrounders failed big-time. Additionally to that, look at the system...this Manning-only system is also his "work".

I believe if they had signed a proven veteran back up or hell started Orlovsky sooner they would have won more games.
Share 49ersWebzone