There are 158 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Colts VP Bill Polian and GM Chris Polian OUT of Indy

Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by 190836:
Its all over the tweeter world. Wow!! he is one of the best GMs in biz, Why would the do that?

They weren't very good at all. They might be among the league's worst. That roster is a complete joke. And it has been for some time now.

Manning covered everything we're seeing now.
They won 12 or more games 7 years in a row, I think it takes more than one guy (Manning) to do that.

Hmm... I don't know. This season showed that the entire franchise revolved around one man.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by 190836:
Its all over the tweeter world. Wow!! he is one of the best GMs in biz, Why would the do that?

They weren't very good at all. They might be among the league's worst. That roster is a complete joke. And it has been for some time now.

Manning covered everything we're seeing now.
They won 12 or more games 7 years in a row, I think it takes more than one guy (Manning) to do that.

Hmm... I don't know. This season showed that the entire franchise revolved around one man.

lol it sounds ridiculous but I agree
Originally posted by ImaMod:

foreal though. you can either say A.. Manning made that team. or B. the Qb's they had Couldnt get the job done.. or C. The roster was crap..

Like someone said earlier, GB backup comes in 6 Td's 400+yards? Brady goes down, Cassel 11-5 Playoffs, Pro bowl worthy that year and earned a team in Kansas City...
What happens if the Colts don't release him? What if the Colts decide to eat the $28MM and attempt to trade him for a first, to a league worst team? Sure, Peyton gets his money, but he also kisses his chance at another championship goodbye. It's playing with fire on both sides.

That really isn't a problem because Peyton can threaten the inquiring team with retirement.

It'll come down to money. A restructured deal might get him more than what he can get on the open market. I don't know when Indy can officially tell Manning that's okay to talk to new teams, but it's in their best interest to start that process a.s.a.p.

I think the reality is Peyton is going to pick where he ends up because Indy needs a restructure. It's the only move that makes sense for them.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jan 2, 2012 at 2:07 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
JasonLaCanfora Jason La Canfora

Irsay says it's "not out of the realm of possibility" that Caldwell is back.
I think Polian is a good GM. He got lowly Buffalo and Colts once doormats to be contenders. You can argue about it is because they had talented QBs, but isn't the job of the GM to get the right QB and all? Many were thinking Leaf had the better upside. However, he chose Manning. Also you folks need to remember it is not easy to draft talented players from the top of the draft.

The other thing as we saw with the niners this year is coaching is one helluva of big difference maker. People are argueing and using the Packers and Patriots as examples, but in both instances Flynn and Cassell were in the system for a while and they had good head coaches. If anything, Ithink it should that the Colts head coach and OC are not as good.

My biggest concern is that someone like the Rams will hire Polian and he will bring in the right coaches and players and make them competitive.
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Originally posted by ImaMod:

foreal though. you can either say A.. Manning made that team. or B. the Qb's they had Couldnt get the job done.. or C. The roster was crap..

Like someone said earlier, GB backup comes in 6 Td's 400+yards? Brady goes down, Cassel 11-5 Playoffs, Pro bowl worthy that year and earned a team in Kansas City...
Their head coaches are/were Mike McCarthy and Bill Bellicheck, they are much better than Jim Caldwell. I think this season showed that Peyton was doing more coaching than Caldwell was, if anything get rid of the guy who just got here and screwed up, not the guys who have been a huge part in all the success.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Quote:

no way he's back
It was weird though because everyone said how they always hit on these late first round picks and how much of a genius Polian was. Yet the second Manning got hurt those same people said they would be lucky to win 6 games.

Polian was great at bringing in undrafted free agents, that was his M.O, he was a genius when it came to those guys, he also of course built the Buffalo Bills title-less dynasty in the 80s and was the arsehole who helped raid the 49ers to build up Carolina but he's made questionable decision after questionable decision in the past few years such as trading a future 1st rounder to the 49ers(which they selected Kentwan F'ING Balmer with) for Tony Ugoh who was shortly cut.

The guy just doesn't have it anymore. Beyond that he's also conceited and arrogant and so when things started falling apart, he wanted to point the finger at everyone else, he also made his son GM of the team in spite of the fact that its commonly known in Indy that his son is a moron.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 2, 2012 at 3:04 PM ]
Man all you can do is hope whoever gets hired doesn't ruin Andrew Luck but let's see what happens next. Peyton is a toss up he could either stay and play with a mediocre team or he could leave and go somewhere else
Originally posted by susweel:
Quote:

no way he's back

You know, I kinda hope Caldwell stays, actually. I mean, it's not his fault the roster didn't have any built-in contingencies in the event they lost Peyton. I just think it would be funny as hell if Caldwell succeeds next year without the Polians lol.
Originally posted by susweel:
Quote:

no way he's back

Somebody should tell Irsay he already has the #1 pick locked up.
Originally posted by WildBill:
I think Polian is a good GM. He got lowly Buffalo and Colts once doormats to be contenders. You can argue about it is because they had talented QBs, but isn't the job of the GM to get the right QB and all? Many were thinking Leaf had the better upside. However, he chose Manning. Also you folks need to remember it is not easy to draft talented players from the top of the draft.

The other thing as we saw with the niners this year is coaching is one helluva of big difference maker. People are argueing and using the Packers and Patriots as examples, but in both instances Flynn and Cassell were in the system for a while and they had good head coaches. If anything, Ithink it should that the Colts head coach and OC are not as good.

My biggest concern is that someone like the Rams will hire Polian and he will bring in the right coaches and players and make them competitive.

Go look back at the Colts most recent drafts since 2007 and tell me how many of those guys you'd want on the 49ers? The Colts right now look like the 49ers did back in 2004/2005, some role-players and a whole bunch of holes all over the team. Polian was a good GM but his performance over the past couple of years leaves a lot to be desired.
What's interesting is they were just in the super bowl not 2 years ago. I thought that loss would tarnish Peyton's legacy but not I don't think so. That was truly a one-man team.
Good