LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 134 users in the forums

OFFICIAL: 2011-12 NFL Playoffs Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I'm predicting the Saints to fall in an upset to Detroit (they're going to be that 'hot' one-and-done team nobody expects to lose).

Gut instinct tells me we're in store for an epic rematch with the Giants... and it'll be a bloodbath...

Seriously guys, I'm more scared of the Giants in the post-season than the Saints.

I understand where you are coming from but the Giants have been such a bi-polar team. The wild-card game should be telling.

I'd be very surprised if the Loins go into NO and beat the Saints. Something tells my they will lose their composure, just like their tool of a coach, Gym Shorts.
[ Edited by horsecore on Jan 2, 2012 at 6:12 PM ]
So ready for the playoffs to start!
Originally posted by horsecore:
I'm predicting the Saints to fall in an upset to Detroit (they're going to be that 'hot' one-and-done team nobody expects to lose).

Gut instinct tells me we're in store for an epic rematch with the Giants... and it'll be a bloodbath...

Seriously guys, I'm more scared of the Giants in the post-season than the Saints.

I understand where you are coming from but the Giants have been such a bi-polar team. The wild-card game should be telling.

I'd be very surprised if the Loins go into NO and beat the Saints. Something tells my they will lose their composure, just like their tool of a coach, Gym Shorts.

lol.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Lions gave up almost 500 to Matt Flyn... can't imagine what Brees will do to them, but would be nice if they won. Who the hell knows
  • vaden
  • Veteran
I was saying in another thread that although they lost by 14 @NO last month, they may have won if not for dumb penalties and missed fgs. They dominated time of possession by 10 minutes and had slightly more yards. If I had any confidence they would limit their penalties, I'd be tempted to pick them here.

Also think the Falcons are being overlooked. The Giants play better on the road than at home and play better as underdogs. In their last matchup two years ago in NY, the Falcons lost 34-31 without Michael Turner. Before that, the road team had won the last 9 games in this series. I do think the Giants are extremely dangerous, that's why I picked them to beat GB a month ago when everyone had given up on them. I won't be at all surprised to see them in the Super Bowl, but it would be just like them to be tripped up by the Falcons as home favorites. Not quite ready to predict it tho.

Pitt@Den is such a mismatch that it almost feels like there are three playoff games this week. It might be fairly close because of Pitt's style but doesn't seem like Denver has any chance to win. And I say that mainly because Tebow has lost his spark. He looks shaken. A few weeks ago this game was interesting.

Houston outplayed Cinci in Cinci and without Andre Johnson. Cinci is one of those classic 6-2/3-5 teams that stumbles in and exits early. Dalton did not have a good second half. Maybe he's hit the rookie wall. Very confident Houston takes this, even with Yates' shoulder injury
merge:

www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/161906-predict-the-playoffs/
Ouch:

Official_Saints New Orleans Saints
Payton announced RB Mark Ingram & LB Will Herring have been placed on injured reserve.
Ouch:

Official_Saints New Orleans Saints
Payton announced RB Mark Ingram & LB Will Herring have been placed on injured reserve.

• vaden
  • Veteran
I forgot the Lions also didn't have Suh for that game @NO.

HOU>CIN
NO>DET
ATL>NYG

NE>PIT
BAL>HOU
GB>ATL
SF>NO

NE>BAL

not gonna pick the NFC champ yet but I predict the winner wins the SB. I think any of the top 4 NFC seeds would win it. I'm hoping the Giants beat Atlanta, because they'd have a far better chance against GB.
Originally posted by vaden:
I forgot the Lions also didn't have Suh for that game @NO.

HOU>CIN
NO>DET
ATL>NYG

NE>PIT
BAL>HOU
GB>ATL
SF>NO

NE>BAL

not gonna pick the NFC champ yet but I predict the winner wins the SB. I think any of the top 4 NFC seeds would win it. I'm hoping the Giants beat Atlanta, because they'd have a far better chance against GB.

yess!!! but detroit will upset the saints

Cin>Hou
Atl>NYG
Pit>Den
NO>Det

Ne>Cin
Balt>Pit

SF>NO
GB>Atl

SF>GB
Balt>NE

SF>Balt
I was saying in another thread that although they lost by 14 @NO last month, they may have won if not for dumb penalties and missed fgs. They dominated time of possession by 10 minutes and had slightly more yards. If I had any confidence they would limit their penalties, I'd be tempted to pick them here.

Also think the Falcons are being overlooked. The Giants play better on the road than at home and play better as underdogs. In their last matchup two years ago in NY, the Falcons lost 34-31 without Michael Turner. Before that, the road team had won the last 9 games in this series. I do think the Giants are extremely dangerous, that's why I picked them to beat GB a month ago when everyone had given up on them. I won't be at all surprised to see them in the Super Bowl, but it would be just like them to be tripped up by the Falcons as home favorites. Not quite ready to predict it tho.

Pitt@Den is such a mismatch that it almost feels like there are three playoff games this week. It might be fairly close because of Pitt's style but doesn't seem like Denver has any chance to win. And I say that mainly because Tebow has lost his spark. He looks shaken. A few weeks ago this game was interesting.

Houston outplayed Cinci in Cinci and without Andre Johnson. Cinci is one of those classic 6-2/3-5 teams that stumbles in and exits early. Dalton did not have a good second half. Maybe he's hit the rookie wall. Very confident Houston takes this, even with Yates' shoulder injury

what? cinci had a 9 point lead with like 5 minutes left in the game. they just blew it
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Really not interested in the afc games
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by frenchmov:

what? cinci had a 9 point lead with like 5 minutes left in the game. they just blew it

And if Houston had lost, I'd say they blew it by having 2 more turnovers, including one at the goal line. Houston outgained them 412-285, 1.6 more ypr, won TOP, had 9 more first downs.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
I'm ready to watch some stress free football this weekend. Cause lord knows my heart will be pumping outta my chest next week.

Enjoy it fellas!
Share 49ersWebzone