There are 150 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

When will people finally admit Aaron Rodgers has incredible talent around him?

Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by elguapo:
There is no "Jerry Rice" on this Packers team. By that I mean Hall of Fame.

That's a wonderful observation....but there is Jennings a pro bowl and top 5 wr that could eventually be a hover and Nelson and jones and driver and Finley so don't know the point you are trying to make when rodgers would never do great without his great wr core and Montana won 2 subs with Dwight Clark....wow. Last time I checked rogers is a great qb with great weapons, however when they didn't have great weapons I seem to recall an 8-8 and a 9-7 team with a good qb not a great one. Now they have better weapons = great qb......hence the whole point of this thread

There you go...

Rodgers was good from the day he started. Look at his numbers. And what weapons changed between his first year starting and his second year?

You got to be kidding. He has enormous talent around him. Plus continuity of system, coaching staff and coordinators. And continuity of key players around him too. He has a great system too. He has a lot. He's not doing this by himself.

No s**t?! You mean there are 11 players on the field? If I recall right, there was 11 players on the field with Montana. Whatever you say about Rodgers and Flynn can easily apply to Montana, Young, Grbac, Bono.

No kidding it can be applied to Montana. He's overly romanticized by the WZ because they are homers. Pre salary cap ear Eddie Debartolo paid much more money than everybody else and fielded the BEST ROSTER IN FOOTBALL every single year. Plus he had a good defense backing him up. And good special teams. And great weapons. Plus the most innovative system at the time that took the NFL by storm. Yes Montana was a product of all that and some more too. He didn't do it by himself. Not even close.
No kidding it can be applied to Montana. He's overly romanticized by the WZ because they are homers. Pre salary cap ear Eddie Debartolo paid much more money than everybody else and fielded the BEST ROSTER IN FOOTBALL every single year. Plus he had a good defense backing him up. And good special teams. And great weapons. Plus the most innovative system at the time that took the NFL by storm. Yes Montana was a product of all that and some more too. He didn't do it by himself. Not even close.

OK already. Your a Packers fan ! Start sporting that GB gear you got for X-mas and be done with it. You also stated ' the Packers look unbeatable' in an otherwise congratulatory 'Niners win 2nd seed in NFC' thread. You're either a Debbie-Downer or a Packers fan???? Take your pick . My pick is the Niner D over your awesome talented system , which has little to no D ! My second pick is the Saints system to march all over GB. You remind of one those fans who feels it's fun to cheer for the Yankees and the Red Sox?????????????WTF? You have gone beyond making a point. You're in tons of threads praising (or fearing) the Pack. Jump ship already.

Come on! Don't sacrifice the accomplishments of our own Joe Montana to make a point about arod. The 9ers went from 6 wins to a super bowl title in one year. The early Montana led super bowl teams we're largely rookies and second year starters drafted by the niners. Not products of free agent binge spending by Eddie D. Also, the old decrepit version of Montana went to KC and led them to the only AFC title game in their franchise history. It's not only the WZ, all football fans romanticize about Montana, and for a good reason. He was phenomenal.

As for Rodgers, he has a lot of talent on his team. So did the aforementioned Montana, Young, Aikman, Brady, Manning, Bradshaw, Brees, Jim Kelly, Favre, Elway when he won, and most other great qbs. The qb position is overrated, we knew that.

But another group of qbs had good talent around them as well. Romo, Cassell, Lienart, the qbs who came in after Elway, Jeff George, and some other disappointing acts. So maybe those greats mentioned were great as well to go along with their talent. Otherwise the only great qb not overrated is Marino as he's one of the few who didn't always have the best talent on his team.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
I'm confused, who said the Packers, the support bowl champs aren't talented?
oh god
SD49er talking s**t of Joe Montana to build up Alex Smith.

Sad sad day
"Aaron Rodgers isn't a good QB"

- SanDiego49er
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:

Come on! Don't sacrifice the accomplishments of our own Joe Montana to make a point about arod. The 9ers went from 6 wins to a super bowl title in one year. The early Montana led super bowl teams we're largely rookies and second year starters drafted by the niners. Not products of free agent binge spending by Eddie D. Also, the old decrepit version of Montana went to KC and led them to the only AFC title game in their franchise history. It's not only the WZ, all football fans romanticize about Montana, and for a good reason. He was phenomenal.

As for Rodgers, he has a lot of talent on his team. So did the aforementioned Montana, Young, Aikman, Brady, Manning, Bradshaw, Brees, Jim Kelly, Favre, Elway when he won, and most other great qbs. The qb position is overrated, we knew that.

But another group of qbs had good talent around them as well. Romo, Cassell, Lienart, the qbs who came in after Elway, Jeff George, and some other disappointing acts. So maybe those greats mentioned were great as well to go along with their talent. Otherwise the only great qb not overrated is Marino as he's one of the few who didn't always have the best talent on his team.

I agree Marino did not have great talent around him. He carried his under talented team by himself.

Yes Monatana had huge advantages. He had the best team in football every year pre salary cap era. Debartolo always fielded the best teams and got a lot of the best players by paying more. Sure he was good too. He had huge advantages around him as well.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Jan 7, 2012 at 7:39 PM ]
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

- SanDiego49er

Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

- SanDiego49er

When did I say he wasn't good? You are making that up. I said he has incredible talent around him, a great system, years of continuity, great play calling and great coaching. He has a lot around him. He's not doing this by himself. I didn't say he hasn't performed well.
Bump.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Bump.