Idiot. Ben was butt hurt about this as well. He said something to the effect of "How does this happen at a national football stadium".
Why would we need to do this? We already have the Santa Clara stadium deal 99.9% done.
There are 458 users in the forums
Steelers' Clark says 49ers staged power outages ...
Shop 49ers game tickets
Steelers' Clark says 49ers staged power outages ...
Dec 20, 2011 at 10:49 AM
- LaMattsBlue
- Member
- Posts: 27,765
Dec 20, 2011 at 10:52 AM
- Cjez
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 170,692
lol, stoopit. he's gotta be joking. Guess he didn't see that transformer explode.
Dec 20, 2011 at 10:53 AM
- Fincham11
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,687
f**k Clark and Roethlisberger. The little b***hes. They can take their damn snot rags and go back to Pitt. Sorry f**kin' losers! Take your ass whoopin like a man b***h!
Dec 20, 2011 at 10:56 AM
- FlayvaMeister
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,565
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Idiot. Ben was butt hurt about this as well. He said something to the effect of "How does this happen at a national football stadium".
Why would we need to do this? We already have the Santa Clara stadium deal 99.9% done.
I'd venture to say, that to Clark any reason is better than the true reason they lost last night. As other have stated ...
had the Steelers won that game, the Media Circus would be in Full Effect today, about all that is Big Ben, and Pittsburgh
Steeler football.
Dec 20, 2011 at 11:13 AM
- hofer36
- Veteran
- Posts: 8,257
i'll admit the thought did cross my mind that this was staged...not to affect the steelers game, but rather to give more push for league support for niners getting a new stadium...
Dec 20, 2011 at 11:26 AM
- FlayvaMeister
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,565
Originally posted by hofer36:
i'll admit the thought did cross my mind that this was staged...not to affect the steelers game, but rather to give more push for league support for niners getting a new stadium...
If there were a meter on the pulse of the national audience, I'd imagine (Bold) was the thought of at least 50% of viewers.
Dec 20, 2011 at 11:48 AM
- BobS
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,143
If they did I thank them. I am moving and already disconnected the cable TV. Rabbit ears would not pick up the game, and I got caught in traffic traveling 20 miles to a friend's house. If it wasn't for power outages I would have missed more than just the start of the game.
Dec 20, 2011 at 11:50 AM
- FlayvaMeister
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,565
Originally posted by BobS:
If they did I thank them. I am moving and already disconnected the cable TV. Rabbit ears would not pick up the game, and I got caught in traffic traveling 20 miles to a friend's house. If it wasn't for power outages I would have missed more than just the start of the game.
Dec 20, 2011 at 11:50 AM
- GSeef49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,779
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:
Originally posted by hofer36:
i'll admit the thought did cross my mind that this was staged...not to affect the steelers game, but rather to give more push for league support for niners getting a new stadium...
If there were a meter on the pulse of the national audience, I'd imagine (Bold) was the thought of at least 50% of viewers.
When they showed the view of the power being before saying what happened and showing the transformer blow, My pop, brother and i all were thinking there was going to be some epic entrance / start to the game. Then they explained what happened and we all sank a bit into our seats.
Was so fired up for the game last night the delays killed me.
Dec 20, 2011 at 12:13 PM
- WildBill
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,217
Didn't they get the tweet from their teammate Harrison? "If I can't play can't nobody play-lights out!"
Dec 20, 2011 at 12:22 PM
- FlayvaMeister
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,565
Originally posted by WildBill:
Didn't they get the tweet from their teammate Harrison? "If I can't play can't nobody play-lights out!"
I would have given A Kings Ransom, to see The Commissioners face, when MNF broadcast his tweet
Dec 20, 2011 at 12:28 PM
- Negrodamus
- Veteran
- Posts: 13,782
wonder what he has to say to this
Candlestick blackout was accompanied by a bomb threat
Posted by Mike Florio on December 20, 2011, 2:28 PM EST. Reuters
Though the two events ultimately were unrelated, NFL officials and law enforcement authorities had to be more than a little nervous last night while dealing with a blackout of Candlestick Park — and a bomb threat.
Police revealed after the game that the bomb threat came via phone, before the opening kickoff of the game.
According to WLS 890AM in San Francisco, a short search for an explosive device resulted in a conclusion that the threat wasn't credible.
The initial power outage was caused by a transformer explosion. A second outage occurred during the second quarter of the 20-3 win by the 49ers over the Steelers.
Dec 20, 2011 at 12:51 PM
- TonyStarks
- Veteran
- Posts: 62,978
was that the Nord guy with the beard who threw Gore like a piece of tissue?
I wouldn't mess with that Viking.
I wouldn't mess with that Viking.
Dec 20, 2011 at 12:56 PM
- danimal
- Veteran
- Posts: 14,705
worked out for me, I was running late....well running late in my plans to leave the office early
Ben R is a simpleton. Same s**t can happen with any stadium, its just chance

Ben R is a simpleton. Same s**t can happen with any stadium, its just chance