LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

Sing might get promoted to dc.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Would be even more of a mistake than making him a head coach. At least he could delegate to his coordinators as a HC. As a DC he actually has to make game plans.
I like Sing but not as a HC. He might be okay as a DC but I am not sure about that either. He kind of left a sweet/bitter taste when he left here.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Obviously they didn't watch the film from his time with the 49ers...
Perhaps, their FO saw something what we didnt see.
He was promoted from LB-Coach up to HC here...It had to fail in long-term. It will fail over and over again unless the HC is surrounded by very good assistants (just like KC last year) AND only if the HC isnt stubborn. OR if the HC learns the X's and O's on-the-job which is very difficult imo.
Perhaps Sing learned some lessons with the Vikings. We dont know that for sure. Iirc, he was hired for LB-coaching and as an assistant-HC...
if singletary can never learn the x's and o's he needs to surround himself with pretty good coaches and not be a freaking idiot and interfere with the coaches. thats the reason linehan decided to go to detroit over sf, he needs to realize its gonna be 2012 and that 1985 is long gone and change his philosophy of neanderthal football to modern football. i dont think singletary will ever change
"We WILL stop Alex Smith."
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Sing is a good coach. Always liked the guy.
The x's and o's thing is the only reason he wasn't extremely sucessful. Fix that and you have an excellent coach.

(Before you flame, we lost a ton of games last year only by 3 to 7 points)

yeah. because of coaching
Originally posted by GEEK:
If Miami cleans house, I see Mike Nolan as a great candidate for the DC position in MN with Singletary staying on as LB Coach.

DE: Williams
NT: Franklin (FA Pickup)/Ayodele
DE: Ballard

OLB: Allen
ILB: Greenway
ILB: Henderson
OLB: Robison

Acquire Spencer from the 49ers, and a good signing or two in free agnecy, and you'll have a revitalized defense.

10 bucks says nolan gets the head coaching job in miami! Sing as a Dc, do it just so i can laugh!
LOL I checked the date to make sure it wasn't april fools.

If the vikings do that, sing and fraser will be canned by week 4 next year.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
If Miami cleans house, I see Mike Nolan as a great candidate for the DC position in MN with Singletary staying on as LB Coach.

Acquire Spencer from the 49ers, and a good signing or two in free agnecy, and you'll have a revitalized defense.

10 bucks says nolan gets the head coaching job in miami! Sing as a Dc, do it just so i can laugh!

I'll take that bet
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

I'll take that bet

s**t me too, their owner stephen ross wants a big name

Frazier is too smart a coach to do that, he needs experience.
Share 49ersWebzone