There are 273 users in the forums

Sing might get promoted to dc.

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Changes are coming to the Vikings defense in the offseason. We're starting to get a clearer picture of what those changes might entail. Pelissero writes there have been discussions about transitioning to a 3-4 defense with Mike Singletary getting promoted to defensive coordinator. There's a catch:

"There also are strong concerns within the building about Singletary's aptitude for the position," Pelissero writes.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/16/vikings-defenders-regularly-ignored-play-calls/
he dumb...lol
He should stay as a position coach, He proved he doesnt know Xs and Os. The Vikings will have the worst defense EVER if Sing becomes the DC.
LOL. They are already terrible at stopping the pass. I see no reason to believe Singletary being DC could do anything but make that worse.
Sing is a good coach. Always liked the guy.
The x's and o's thing is the only reason he wasn't extremely sucessful. Fix that and you have an excellent coach.

(Before you flame, we lost a ton of games last year only by 3 to 7 points)
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by valrod33:
He should stay as a position coach, He proved he doesnt know Xs and Os. The Vikings will have the worst defense EVER if Sing becomes the DC.

It would probably the correct progression in becoming HC again. Gives him a good chance to master the Xs and Os.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by valrod33:

It would probably the correct progression in becoming HC again. Gives him a good chance to master the Xs and Os.

He should go learn in college, he is gonna embarass himself
That will be going from Bad to WORSE!
they are gonna regret it
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Men, it's not about coverage. It's about being a man out there. I want y'all to lead. Looking at the QB's eyes is not important. No need to. Don't do it.

Originally posted by boast:
Men, it's not about coverage. It's about being a man out there. I want y'all to lead. Looking at the QB's eyes is not important. No need to. Don't do it.

*dies*
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
It would be great for him. The best way to learn X's and O's is to get thrown in a position that forces you to learn, adapt.

I hope it works out for him.
Good opportunity for him, but not good for the Vikings.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
If Miami cleans house, I see Mike Nolan as a great candidate for the DC position in MN with Singletary staying on as LB Coach.

DE: Williams
NT: Franklin (FA Pickup)/Ayodele
DE: Ballard

OLB: Allen
ILB: Greenway
ILB: Henderson
OLB: Robison

Acquire Spencer from the 49ers, and a good signing or two in free agnecy, and you'll have a revitalized defense.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Sing is a good coach. Always liked the guy.
The x's and o's thing is the only reason he wasn't extremely sucessful. Fix that and you have an excellent coach.

(Before you flame, we lost a ton of games last year only by 3 to 7 points)

That is like saying someone's understanding of math is the only thing stopping them from being an accountant.
Share 49ersWebzone