There are 149 users in the forums

Head Coach Firing TRACKER

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Paul
  • Veteran
I actually think Tressel would make a good NFL coach. He was great at Ohio State and would still be coaching there if not for the scandal. Ravens Chuck Pagano also interviewed with the Colts

Mike Sherman is getting a 2nd interview with the Bucs, haven't heard s**t about the Raiders though
[ Edited by Paul on Jan 23, 2012 at 6:28 PM ]
Originally posted by Paul:
I actually think Tressel would make a good NFL coach. He was great at Ohio State and would still be coaching there if not for the scandal. Ravens Chuck Pagano also interviewed with the Colts

Mike Sherman is getting a 2nd interview with the Bucs, haven't heard s**t about the Raiders though

I heard the Raiders wanted Broncos' DC Dennis Allen back for a 2nd interview. I don't know if that's happened yet?
[ Edited by PTulini on Jan 24, 2012 at 8:11 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Again, what kind of help besides the draft did they pick up to help Peyton Manning (who in most eyes is suppose to be Superman and should be able to do it by himself). Even Tom Brady gets free agent acquisitions all the time and he even went 10-6 the year before. Of course your team will regress if you rely on one player all the time, common sense. Their defense was horrible last year, while their offense remained in the top 5. Now why would you clean house when pretty much all you need to do is fix one side of the ball??
The only thing they had, was the passing game. And a little bit of pass-rush...that's all. This is very embarrassing. The team was dead during the season, nearly no life signs...Sorry but THAT is a coach problem.

If you clean up the house, usually you cut everything what is relevant.

Seriously, Curtis Painter was horrible, look who they had as their back up QB's, of course your gonna end up with a 2-14 record with those two. And yes the defense was bad, but for a 2-14 team it wasn't ranked last. But I stand by my guns and think cleaning house wasn't the way to go unless he favors someone else.
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Raiders have identified Broncos DC Dennis Allen as the leading candidate to become their next HC. Raiders told other candidates they're out.
Seriously, Curtis Painter was horrible, look who they had as their back up QB's, of course your gonna end up with a 2-14 record with those two. And yes the defense was bad, but for a 2-14 team it wasn't ranked last. But I stand by my guns and think cleaning house wasn't the way to go unless he favors someone else.
Ok, I keep it plain and simple. Caldwell sucked, there were some teams out there which didnt break down after they lost their starting QB.

Originally posted by valrod33:
Raiders have identified Broncos DC Dennis Allen as the leading candidate to become their next HC. Raiders told other candidates they're out.
Could anyone explain to me why they love him so much?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Has a guy with so little experience ever been a good HC? At lest Andy Reid was an assistant HC before the Eagles hired him.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk

Marc Trestman emerges as candidate for Colts job wp.me/p14QSB-LeT
Ok, I keep it plain and simple. Caldwell sucked, there were some teams out there which didnt break down after they lost their starting QB.

Could anyone explain to me why they love him so much?

Duh, his defense is matched up against Tebow 5 days a week in practice.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
if I was Oakland I would have kept Jackson, but Allen seems to be a pretty good hire too. Just wonder what is going on with the Colts and Bucs, all sorts of names being thrown around now but who the hell knows?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Paul:
if I was Oakland I would have kept Jackson, but Allen seems to be a pretty good hire too. Just wonder what is going on with the Colts and Bucs, all sorts of names being thrown around now but who the hell knows?

If i i was the Bucs I would hire Schottenheimer and If im the Colts im hiring Trestman

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
So far so good, we haven't lost anyone. As far as I know, most of the HC positions have been filled, right?? I don't see our ST coach going to Indy, but you never know.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Mike Sherman is having a 2nd interview with the Bucs today. He coached fairly well when he was in Green Bay but did pretty average with Texas A&M, why does that guy get a 2nd interview? Brian Billick is still out there
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

And I'll keep it simple also. Stuck with horrible back up QB's, young inexperienced, brought no help in on defense or offense, keep in mind that they weren't last in either offense or defense. Caldwell was also 26-22 with two playoff appearances, that's better than Marvin Lewis who went 26-25 with one playoff appearance.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jim Irsay @JimIrsa

BREAKING NEWS coming shortly to Colts land! Go to colts.com...
Dennis Allen Oakland HC according to ESPN
Share 49ersWebzone