There are 211 users in the forums

Head Coach Firing TRACKER

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by valrod33:
Why? We had a college HC come in here and be successful
Like I know from a discussion last year, (successful) Coach in College doesnt equal to successful Coach at the pro-level. Jim Harbaugh is more of an exception to the rule.
you have always to question why a guy is HC in college for 10 years (and not just 2,3,4 oder whatever) withour any real consideration for a job at the next level.
Originally posted by communist:
Why? We had a college HC come in here and be successful
Like I know from a discussion last year, (successful) Coach in College doesnt equal to successful Coach at the pro-level. Jim Harbaugh is more of an exception to the rule.
you have always to question why a guy is HC in college for 10 years (and not just 2,3,4 oder whatever) withour any real consideration for a job at the next level.
He has been considered for jobs in the NFL before and apparently he was a finalist for the Rams job too
He has been considered for jobs in the NFL before and apparently he was a finalist for the Rams job too
REAL consideration, that means at least a 2nd interview or something like that. Rams and now Bucs, ok. Anything else?
Adam Schefter
Now official: After finalizing a five-year deal, the Buccaneers officially have hired Greg Schiano as their next head coach.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Adam Schefter
Now official: After finalizing a five-year deal, the Buccaneers officially have hired Greg Schiano as their next head coach.

never heard of him
Cool. Sounds like all hires are complete and we didn't lose anyone. Can't lose 'em laterally, so we should be good to go.
Originally posted by susweel:
Adam Schefter

never heard of him

He has been the head coach at Rutgers and basically built that whole program. I've heard that Bill Belichick has been a big fan of his.
Another WTF head coach signing
Schiano is a great hire for the Bucs. That's a very young team, and they should take to his passionate style of coaching.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Schiano is a great hire for the Bucs. That's a very young team, and they should take to his passionate style of coaching.

Passionate college coaches don't translate at all to the pros.

Originally posted by Jcool:

• Jcool
  • Veteran

HaHa I knew this would come up.... Difference is Greg Schiano isnt a former 15 year pro bowl QB. If Jim Harbaugh had the same experience as Schiano we probably don't make it to the NFC title game.

HaHa I knew this would come up.... Difference is Greg Schiano isnt a former 15 year pro bowl QB. If Jim Harbaugh had the same experience as Schiano we probably don't make it to the NFC title game.

Not necessarily. We didn't make it to the NFC Championship game on the strength of our explosive offense led by the mastermind genius who outsmarted the rest of the defenses in the NFL. We played great defense and made few mistakes on offense...that's a formula that has worked in the NFL for years regardless of coaching background.

Not taking anything away from JH at all, but I think the fact that he was an NFL QB is just one aspect of/reason for his success, but it's certainly not the main one. I think his attention to detail in all 3 phases of the game, and the ability to get players to fully buy in to his system philosophy are the real keys.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Jan 26, 2012 at 11:59 AM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Here's to hoping Roman isn't a candidate for the Rutgers job. Same recruiting geographic as Penn State, which is why they were interested in him.
Share 49ersWebzone