There are 85 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Head Coach Firing TRACKER

Reid is a good coach, but he doesn't know how to chew out diva superstars and keep them in line.

If you have M.Vick, Desean, and Nnamdi all confident and paid, they aren't going to practice and study as hard and will fail.
Andy Reid isn't the problem, the players are. He has a track record of success for years. Unfortunately though, he will be probably get fired, but what other coach could handle all those personalities on that team? They have a bunch of individual stars, but the chemistry is obviously horrible.

Norv Turner probably gone too.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
If Reid is fired, I hope he goes to the AFC. Still an elite coach.
why the hell did Garrett ice his own kicker? lol. I hope they collapse and he gets fired.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
why the hell did Garrett ice his own kicker? lol. I hope they collapse and he gets fired.

This whole "icing the kicker" is beyond lame because statistically it they're just as likely to make it if a timeout wasn't called (seriously, link). Moving on, no way Reid gets fired. Philly's front office is smart enough to know that you don't fire a coach like Reid without having a sure shot waiting in the wings. The moment their season is over I have no doubt they'll fire their d-coord/o-line coach and find a good defensive mind to take over all the talent they have on the side of the ball. But fire Reid?

Nah.
[ Edited by baltien on Dec 4, 2011 at 9:29 PM ]
Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by HessianDud:

He didn't "ice" anything. It was just a poorly timed time-out. And this whole "icing the kicker" is beyond lame because statistically it they're just as likely to make it if a timeout wasn't called (seriously, link). Moving on, no way Reid gets fired. Philly's front office is smart enough to know that you don't fire a coach like Reid without having a sure shot waiting in the wings. The moment their season is over I have no doubt they'll fire their d-coord/o-line coach and find a good defensive mind to take over all the talent they have on the side of the ball. But fire Reid?

Nah.

icing the kicker might be a myth but we've all seen it happen.

i wonder what Garret's reasoning was though. it just seems weird to wait until the last second to call a timeout when you have your FG team out to kick a game winning FG.
I hope the Cowboys hire Norv Turner as HC, so he can drive them into the ground like he did the Chargers.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
I hope the Cowboys hire Norv Turner as HC, so he can drive them into the ground like he did the Chargers.

This.
Steve Spagnulolo - idiot
Raheem Morris - way over his head
Andy Reid - has completely lost it, should be fired for hiring a DC who has no experience
Todd Haley - wants to get fired for starting somebody called Palco even though he knows playoffs are gone, rather than give Stanzi a shot
Jim Caldwell - deer in headlights, brain and vocal cords have been removed
Tom Coughlin if he doesn't make the playoffs - owner frustrated, will want new direction
Jason Garrett if he doesn't make the playoffs - talented roster, doesn't know how to use them

I wouldn't fire Tony Sparano - he's has team playing well now. His team didn't sit down like dogs after a horrendous start like Bill Pussian's Colts just to suck for Luck. The GM of Miami is the one that needs to go.
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Steve Spagnulolo - idiot
Andy Reid - has completely lost it, should be fired for hiring a DC who has no experience
Todd Haley - wants to get fired for starting somebody called Palco even though he knows playoffs are gone, rather than give Stanzi a shot
Tom Coughlin if he doesn't make the playoffs - owner frustrated, will want new direction
Jason Garrett if he doesn't make the playoffs - talented roster, doesn't know how to use them

I wouldn't fire Tony Sparano - he's has team playing well now. His team didn't sit down like dogs after a horrendous start like Bill Pussian's Colts just to suck for Luck. The GM of Miami is the one that needs to go.

Wow!

But, how do you really feel?
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Steve Spagnulolo - idiot

All make sense to me. Fisher or Norv go to Dallas, Gruden to Philly maybe Reid to TB/Jacksonville... going to be a busy off-season that's for sure
Steve Spagnulolo - idiot

Sparano is toast because nobody goes to Dolphin games.
Originally posted by susweel:
Steve Spagnulolo - idiot

3/4ths of the population doesn't speak English and their game of choice is Soccer
Originally posted by susweel:
Steve Spagnulolo - idiot

3/4ths of the population doesn't speak English and their game of choice is Soccer
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Youngb:
Andy Reid isn't the problem, the players are. He has a track record of success for years. Unfortunately though, he will be probably get fired, but what other coach could handle all those personalities on that team? They have a bunch of individual stars, but the chemistry is obviously horrible.

Norv Turner probably gone too.

Reid is overrated. he's a very poor gameday coach. ask an Eagles fan. poor clock management and his refusal to run the ball when having an elite back are two of their biggest gripes.