There are 142 users in the forums

Head Coach Firing TRACKER

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jason Garrett has to be fired.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Jason Garrett has to be fired.

he keeps it up, no question. jerry jones not liking his act ( any owner in sports outside donald sterling would not)
Who could be the surprise firing??

Jason Garrett? If they fail to make the playoffs, he has done some boneheaded things.
Kubiak? Not his fault they have been decimated by injury, but maybe they love Wade Phillips for his turning the defense into #1 despite losing their star defender.
Shanahan? Maybe they realize he's lost it! Has very little idea on how to build a roster today.
the whole nfc east can possibly be looking for new coaches
  • bors
  • Veteran
reid in new york
Caldwell is the only one I see joining Del Rio in the unemployment line this year! Spags will get another year & Sporanos team has been playing a lot better! Haley will be given another shot because of the injury bug! Reid & Turner aren't going anywhere! Coughlin & Wisenhunt will stay another year as well!
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
the whole nfc east can possibly be looking for new coaches

Could be
Originally posted by Trajik1:
Caldwell is the only one I see joining Del Rio in the unemployment line this year! Spags will get another year & Sporanos team has been playing a lot better! Haley will be given another shot because of the injury bug! Reid & Turner aren't going anywhere! Coughlin & Wisenhunt will stay another year as well!

The Chargers have already said Turner will be gone after the season.
turner gone
caudwell gone
spags is gone
for some freaking reason, my gut says that carroll is gone as well
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
turner gone
caudwell gone
spags is gone

noooo I hope not. love him coaching the sea hawks because they wont ever be good

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HearstFan:
Who could be the surprise firing??

Jason Garrett? If they fail to make the playoffs, he has done some boneheaded things.
Kubiak? Not his fault they have been decimated by injury, but maybe they love Wade Phillips for his turning the defense into #1 despite losing their star defender.
Shanahan? Maybe they realize he's lost it! Has very little idea on how to build a roster today.

Why would Kubiak be fired? He has his team in line for the 3rd seed? If The Ravens, Steelers, or Pats stumble they could end up with the the #2 seed or maybe the #1. I think Kubiak isn't going anywhere especially given all the injuries you mentioned. They could end up absolutely crushing people next year after they get a full offseason learning the defense.

EDIT: I do think you hit the nail on the head with Shanahan though. He's simply lost his touch or there is some weird power struggle going on that hasn't gone public because starting the two headed monster of mediocrity at QB doomed them to no better then a 6-10 finish IMO. Couple their QB trouble with a bad backfield and suspect WRs. Good lord they we're doomed before this season even started.

I commend Snyder for finally going away from the "buy a championship" mentality but I think he needs to completely clean house. Too much nepotism going on there and it's hurting his organization.

EDIT2: If only Jerry would concede the GM title to someone who new what they were doing he could land one hell of a coach but he is holding his team back by thinking he can handle those duties. If he gave up GM control I bet he could land Gruden, even if the Romocoaster at QB.
[ Edited by sfout on Dec 10, 2011 at 8:02 AM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
turner gone
caudwell gone
spags is gone

noooo I hope not. love him coaching the sea hawks because they wont ever be good

I don't buy it. I think he has one more year, Seahawks ownership would've been mad to expect another division title given how they barely squeaked in. Carroll has done a good job with his college shuffling of the roster and is finally fielding a squad capable of winning. I think unloading Aaron Curry was a way for the owner to admit that they need to start clean and see what they can do next year.
Todd Haley - I didnt see this coming. Loosing Cassell was big. They had injuries just like other teams so I didnt think he be let go.
There is more to this story for sure.

So Teams looking for HC -

JAC
KC
MIAMI
TB
STL
DAL
IND
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:
Todd Haley - I didnt see this coming. Loosing Cassell was big. They had injuries just like other teams so I didnt think he be let go.
There is more to this story for sure.

So Teams looking for HC -

JAC
KC
MIAMI
TB
STL
DAL
IND

Weren't he and Cassell involved in a furious shouting match earlier in the season?
Tony Sparano Fired
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Dolphins fired Tony Sparano.
Share 49ersWebzone