LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

"The Chargers have 10 times more talent than the 49ers."

Shop 49ers game tickets
takeo must be feeling pretty shabby these days, gotta feel sorry for the dude
Originally posted by Allx9er:

Dude is seriously cursed lol
My Fiance is a Charger fan. Needless to say she is pissed right now but the OL has sufferred a bunch of injuries and they have guys in there that really shouldn't be. I know they like Ryan Matthews but I really don't. I think the guy plays small and tentative. With no run game and always being pressured when he throws Rivers is making more mistakes. He also has not had Malcolm Floyd due to injury so teams can double JAckson who as we saw against the Raiders, doesn't play hard every play. The defense has no pass rush (sounded familiar until this year). The Chargers secondary aside from Weddle are not playing extremely well either. They are just a mess and their second half schedule is tougher than the first half with the Raiders in Oakland, Buffalo at home ,Bears in Chicago, Ravens at Home and Lions in Detroit. The only game that would not be a challenge would be @ JAcksonville. They could conceivable finish 5-11.
It's not alwasy about "talent" The 1981 Niners are a great example of a team that was frankly not that "talented" Our QB looked like a kicker and had an average arm, we didn't have superstar WR, it was running back by committee, we had 3/4 of our secondary was made up of rookies, one of our ILB was "old and washed up" and both are OL and DL were below average to average at best. However, they played as a team, executed each play precisely and had a great coach.

As we have learned you can have all the talent in the world, 2010 Niners area great example, but if you don't know how to optimize the use of that talent you will be just another average or worse a poor performing football team
Originally posted by E-49er:
My Fiance is a Charger fan. Needless to say she is pissed right now but the OL has sufferred a bunch of injuries and they have guys in there that really shouldn't be. I know they like Ryan Matthews but I really don't. I think the guy plays small and tentative. With no run game and always being pressured when he throws Rivers is making more mistakes. He also has not had Malcolm Floyd due to injury so teams can double JAckson who as we saw against the Raiders, doesn't play hard every play. The defense has no pass rush (sounded familiar until this year). The Chargers secondary aside from Weddle are not playing extremely well either. They are just a mess and their second half schedule is tougher than the first half with the Raiders in Oakland, Buffalo at home ,Bears in Chicago, Ravens at Home and Lions in Detroit. The only game that would not be a challenge would be @ JAcksonville. They could conceivable finish 5-11.

Vincent Jackson does have a little Randy Moss in him.
Originally posted by Bejaard49er:
It's not alwasy about "talent" The 1981 Niners are a great example of a team that was frankly not that "talented" Our QB looked like a kicker and had an average arm, we didn't have superstar WR, it was running back by committee, we had 3/4 of our secondary was made up of rookies, one of our ILB was "old and washed up" and both are OL and DL were below average to average at best. However, they played as a team, executed each play precisely and had a great coach.

As we have learned you can have all the talent in the world, 2010 Niners area great example, but if you don't know how to optimize the use of that talent you will be just another average or worse a poor performing football team

Yeah Sing vs. Harbaugh makes a big difference.
Originally posted by Allx9er:

He shouldn't have left SF. I don't blame him for going to SD thinking they had a better chance of making the playoffs, but he was wrong...Bowman is playing at TKO's level or even higher.

With that said, I always liked and respected Takeo, he conducted good interviews on the sideline or outside the locker room post-game. Plus, he was a veteran presence that I believe P. Willis benefited from.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for LasVegasWally.
Maybe their quality FA will flee the sinking ship and we'll get 1 or 2 to come aboard our Battleship.
No
Most disappointing Charger loss ever?

Watching them GIVE AWAY that playoff game wrapped up against the Patriots. I forget the details but they gave that game away worse than what Philly did to SF this year....WORSE. I remember they were a simple play away from putting it away but then they gave Bradith life and that was that.

We all had our anti-Brady periods (some of us still do of course, hehe), but I think that lucky Pats win might have been worse than the Tuck Rule.

So anyways, I think it was 2 more playoff battles between SD & NE and NE always had the upper hand. At the very least would have knocked the Pats out of the playoffs that year, and I believe they won the bowl that year too.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Dec 1, 2011 at 3:43 PM ]

Front page headline on today's Sports Illustrated webpage: THE CURSE OF TAKEO SPIKES

My Charger fan brother is having one of the worst football years of his life: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/don_banks/12/01/playoff.luck/index.html?sct=nfl_t11_a1
can't coach with em' can't win with em'

CAN'T DO IT
the Eagles are a talented team too.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
the Eagles are a talented team too.

LOL.
Share 49ersWebzone