LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 347 users in the forums

"The Chargers have 10 times more talent than the 49ers."

Shop 49ers game tickets
Poor Chargers fans. The window is closed.
Gates better than VD? at what? eating cheeseburgers?? Give me a break, VD BLOCKS and scored TD's. He does need to go down when there is like 3 guys hanging on him so he does not get lit up or fumble but VD is clearly hands down WAY better than fatass Gates
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
IMO the Chargers did have more talent in past years. But they have lost a lot while we have added a lot in FA and the Draft for several years in a row. And Alex is playing the best ball of his career. You could argue we are actually now the more talented team. I don't think it's as rediculous as it would have sounded 2, 3, 4, 5 years ago.

Lost:

~ Michael Turner - FA
~ Sproles - FA
~ Igor Olshansky - FA
~ Shawn Merriman - Roids / Injuries / Cut / FA
~ Cromartie - FA
~ LT - FA
~ Jamal Williams - I think retirement?

** Rivers playing worst of his career.

* Big O Line problems.

IMO this isn't as good of a Chargers team as it was in the past.

Shane Olivea i think is the tackle you were looking for.
Originally posted by Stevec9932:
Gates better than VD? at what? eating cheeseburgers?? Give me a break, VD BLOCKS and scored TD's. He does need to go down when there is like 3 guys hanging on him so he does not get lit up or fumble but VD is clearly hands down WAY better than fatass Gates

I'd have to say when both players are healthy the Gates is the better of the two.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Poor Takeo Spikes. He will never be on a winning team
Fixed
Maybe 5 years ago this would be true, but other than a few good players now (V.Jackson, A.Gates etc.) they are really not that talented, especially on Defense.
It was probably this guy: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/11/elderly-woman-finds-drunk-chargers-fan-on-her-couch/
I would have said "That's nice, we're 7-1. What's the Chargers record?"
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
And 10x as many losses.
I went to a sports bar about a couple weeks ago here in SD. I went outside to get fresh air and some guy asked me if i was a charger fan, i said nope im a niner fan. He then apologized to me. I told him don't be sorry, I'm sorry that you are not going to be able to watch the sd home game on tv !!!!!

charger fan's are all bandwagon fans!!!! after this loss to the raiders they are all gonna hang up their jerseys.

I lived in San Diego for 10 years and to be honest I found Chargers fans to be the most annoying, obnoxious fans, outside of a few of my friends. Many of the hated the Niners only because they were good for such a long time, and because they whooped the Chargers' collective asses in the Super Bowl. Of course whenever the Chargers played remotely decent, they acted like they were the kings of the NFL. But what was most annoying, was that, because their team never won anything, they would root against teams they hated and whenever those teams lost they would react as if the Chargers had won the Super Bowl. I am not kidding you when I say that some of these fans were yelling "Go Chargers!" when the Raiders lost to Tampa Bay in the Super Bowl. I found it extremely annoying and led me to always take pleasure in a Chargers loss.
They do have more talent... We're just better coached
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Tell them have fun with Manusky, Spikes and starting Travis Laboy.
Niners 7-1 Chargers 4-5 enough said!
Tell him they should have hired Rex Ryan!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone