LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 359 users in the forums

"The Chargers have 10 times more talent than the 49ers."

Shop 49ers game tickets
And my smart*ss would've replied to him, "Does that means your HC is 5 times dumber for not being able to utilize all that talent properly?" Someones bar room opinion of talent means nothing in the real world. I live in Denver now and I can't tell you how many bar room debates I've gotten in over who the better QB was, Montana or Elway.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Ten time more talent my ass.

We got better RB Better TE Better OL WRs probably the same On D better D line better LBs better secondary and better special teams.

Only thing they got is a better QB and even he is having a s**tty year. They aint even close in IMO.
I don't really think any team in the NFL has "ten times" more talent than any other team. I think the difference between winning and losing is coaching, scheming and game planning, and confidence, more than it is talent. I'm not saying that there aren't teams more talented than others, just that it's impossible at this level to have a team that's "ten times" more talented than another. The same 49ers who are 7-1 this year were 2-6 last year at this same point. If this 49ers team played last year's 49ers team it would be a blowout.
harbaugh system or not, i think we have far more talented players and players with more potential than the chargers. i can only name a few of their players that i would want on our team
Listening to people find weaknesses with the Chargers you'd think Norv threw all those picks and gave up any TD they might have allowed... lol
Cocaine's a helluva drug
Originally posted by ClassicNiner:
Their problem starts with their GM, AJ Smith, who hasn't made a good move in a long time. Norvelle is clueless. You could see it in the way Rivers was talking at him on the sideline last night. Rivers has been under a lot of pressure but has lived with the luxury that he could just throw a jump ball into double coverage and get a TD. Not working as well for him now.

SD is a shell of their former selves. They are a bad team in a bad division. Almost as bad as the NFC West.

Yeah he does do that hail mary shot into double coverage a lot. He got away with it because of Vincent Jackson.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
This is the NFL, you're only as good as your last good game.

The Chargers probably have a few star players that are "better" than our star players, but as a team....well, the sum is greater than the parts, and we're just the better team.
[ Edited by kray28 on Nov 11, 2011 at 8:19 PM ]
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
They do have more talent... We're just better coached

I don't think their talent is that great anymore. Look at my "lost" list.
Originally posted by susweel:
Ten time more talent my ass.

We got better RB Better TE Better OL WRs probably the same On D better D line better LBs better secondary and better special teams.

Only thing they got is a better QB and even he is having a s**tty year. They aint even close in IMO.

I agree.

Originally posted by YungAce:
harbaugh system or not, i think we have far more talented players and players with more potential than the chargers. i can only name a few of their players that i would want on our team

Like who?
Originally posted by elbolitas49ers:
Niners 7-1 Chargers 4-5 enough said!

Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by elbolitas49ers:
Niners 7-1 Chargers 4-5 enough said!

Yeah but they don't believe it. They think it's just a slump like the Chargers always do.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Like who?

Philip, Vjax and Gates
repost doe
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Nov 12, 2011 at 1:07 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone