There are 380 users in the forums

Which QB has regressed the most?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Which QB has regressed the most?

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Ryan: 2010: 9 Ints for the season and 91 rating. 2011: 6 Ints through 6 games and 81 rating.

Mark Scanchez: 2010: 9 fumbles 1 lost. 2011: 6 fumbles and 3 lost through 6 games. His numbers seem to go slightly up each year but still aren't very good.

Sam Bradford: 2010: 18 TDs, 60% completion and 7 fumbles 2 lost. 2011: 3 TDs, 53.1% completion and 7 fumbles 4 lost through 5 games ( also could add first injury in pros to cost him playing time)

Joe Flacco: 2010: 62.6% completion and 93.6 rating. 2011: 51.4% completion and 79.6 rating.

Phillip Rivers: 30 TDs 13 Ints, 101 rating and 7 fumbles 4 lost. 2011: 6 TD 7 Ints, 87.6 rating and 4 fumbles 2 lost through 5 games.
[ Edited by Jcool on Jan 1, 2012 at 3:00 PM ]
Rivers
Rivers, because he was playing at such a high level before.
Flacco looks bad!
Originally posted by saniner:
Rivers, because he was playing at such a high level before.

He really wasn't. LT was doing A LOT of work for him, and he's missed Gates a lot in the last couple seasons.

If you look at Matt Ryan in 09-10... He's acquired more weapons and done essentially nothing with them! Same with flacco.
[ Edited by MaliCali on Oct 22, 2011 at 10:41 AM ]
Alex Smith>all=top ten quarterback
Rivers. He's the only one of those guys who has proven to be really good, and he's struggled against a cupcake schedule.

Matt Ryan is a close second, but that whole Falcons team is a mystery right now.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
McNabb.
I picked Bradford but Flacco and Ryan would be a very close second and third.
I thought Rivers would have a MVP type season this year and so far I was wrong...

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Janitor:
McNabb.

Really? 14 TD and 15 Ints last year with a 77.1 rating & 58.3% in 2010. In 2011: 4 TD 2 Ints with a 82.9 rating & 60.3%

After the bad year he had last year cant really say he got worse.
Not really a fair question because there are only two good/decent QB's on that whole list, the rest are barely average, and will continue to be exposed this year and next year.

Rivers and Flacco are alright, rivers team is still getting the W's and he doesn't have to put the team on his back like he normally does by this point in a season. Flacco is flacco, he won't ever be much more than he is now.

Ryan-sucks
Bradford- Rams will go with him again next year, and he will regress further, and the will be pissed that they passed on luck.
Scamchez- I don't know if its him, the play calls, or rex ryan, but something isn't right there.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Not really a fair question because there are only two good/decent QB's on that whole list, the rest are barely average, and will continue to be exposed this year and next year.

Rivers and Flacco are alright, rivers team is still getting the W's and he doesn't have to put the team on his back like he normally does by this point in a season. Flacco is flacco, he won't ever be much more than he is now.

Ryan-sucks
Bradford- Rams will go with him again next year, and he will regress further, and the will be pissed that they passed on luck.
Scamchez- I don't know if its him, the play calls, or rex ryan, but something isn't right there.

How can you say Ryan sucks? He has 36 wins and 74 TDs in 4 seasons.

Flacco who you seem to like a little better also has 36 wins but 67 TDs in his 4 seasons.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

Ryan-sucks

Ryan doesn't suck. The Falcons OC sucks. I swear they run the most basic offense in the NFL. With Julio Jones, Tony Gonzales, Roddy White, and Harry Douglas Ryan should be able to air it out and have a clever offense with his weapons. I swear Mularkys offense looks like Hostler 2.0. Time for them to make a change in offensive direction.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Janitor:
McNabb.

Really? 14 TD and 15 Ints last year with a 77.1 rating & 58.3% in 2010. In 2011: 4 TD 2 Ints with a 82.9 rating & 60.3%

After the bad year he had last year cant really say he got worse.

No one said there was a one year statute of limitations.
Share 49ersWebzone