There are 230 users in the forums

Broncos put WR Brandon Lloyd on the trading block

Shop 49ers game tickets
Teams who I think should do it.

Rams
Bears for sure.. can you imagine if Cutler had someone to throw to with hands? hester sucks balls.
Titans
Seahawks
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
lol losers. Dude led the league in receiving last year and you want to trade him the week you name Tebow your new starter? It's clear his production is down because of Orton has sucked. They must REALLY be tanking the season.

Yah watch Tebow win them like 7 games to put them outta the Luck sweepstakes. I'm gonna LMAO!!!
they arent sucking for luck

they are getting back demarious thomas (or something like that) and eddie royal back from injury after the bye week and eric decker ahas proven himself as a starter there

they are just going with a youth movement and seeing how lloyd wont be on there team next year they are just getting something in return for him
5th for a rental sounds about right, but I don't think he fits Harbaugh's mold for WR. Doubt the guy can block much.
I would love to welcome Lloyd back, but I'm not sure how much I'd be willing to give up for him as a rental.
Originally posted by LoboLtnLvr49er:
Broncos put WR Brandon Lloyd on the trading block

With the NFL trade deadline looming, the Broncos have been in talks with other teams regarding Pro Bowl receiver Brandon Lloyd, according to three NFL sources.

The Broncos are believed to be seeking anywhere from a third to fifth round draft pick in return. There have been "three or four" teams who have expressed interest in Lloyd, according to a source.

The NFL trading deadline is Tuesday. Once that deadline passes, a team cannot trade a player under contract until the 2012 league season opens in March.

Multiple factors have pushed Lloyd to the trading block, according to the sources. One, he is a free agent after this season and while the Broncos and Lloyd have briefly discussed a contract extension, nothing is close to materializing.

Two, the Broncos' receiving core is about to get crowded after this weekend's bye with the return of Demaryius Thomas​ and Eddie Royal. Lloyd, 30 and in his ninth NFL season, has been starting at receiver alongside Eric Decker, a third-round pick in the 2010 draft.

Additionally, the Broncos are expected to shift to a more ball control, run-oriented offense with Tim Tebow​ taking over at quarterback following the demotion of Kyle Orton​.

Lloyd is making $1.395 million this year, well below market value for a receiver who led the NFL last season with 1,448 yards. He had 11 touchdowns among his 77 catches.

The Broncos (1-4) next play Oct. 23 at Miami.

Thomas, who has been out all season with an Achilles and broken finger injury, was a first-round pick in the 2010 draft. Royal was a fourth-round pick in the 2008 draft. Royal, who has missed the past three games with a strained groin, is also eligible for free agency at season's end.

Lloyd was a free-agent pickup three seasons ago after playing previously with San Francisco, Washington and Chicago.

Neither the Broncos or Lloyd would comment on the trade talks.

Lloyd's receiving numbers are down this season — 19 catches for a team-high 283 yards and no touchdowns. He missed one game with a groin strain.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19108351

A 3rd-5th round pick for a guy who led the league in receiving last year with Orton/Tebow throwing to him AND who has a very cap friendly contract? Bronco management is retarded.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
lol losers. Dude led the league in receiving last year and you want to trade him the week you name Tebow your new starter? It's clear his production is down because of Orton has sucked. They must REALLY be tanking the season.

Yah watch Tebow win them like 7 games to put them outta the Luck sweepstakes. I'm gonna LMAO!!!
they arent sucking for luck

they are getting back demarious thomas (or something like that) and eddie royal back from injury after the bye week and eric decker ahas proven himself as a starter there

they are just going with a youth movement and seeing how lloyd wont be on there team next year they are just getting something in return for him

At this time of the season, was a Pro Bowl receiver last year, their most productive this year. Dude is only 30, c'mon man.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Lloyd is a p***y and will never come close to repeating what he did last year. I say he has 2-4 more years in the league with up and down numbers 400-700 yards a season and several teams.
I do not remember him being much of a blocker but he does have good hands. So whatever jh says.
i'll pass let's give our own guys a chance 1st, once we BEAT detroit we have the bye week then we get edwards back, if our coaches think we need another wr that badly they would have gone after a bigger name instead of Swain, so I think we'll be fine, pass on lloyd, he left so stay gone
I would dangle a 5th round pick. If they dont bite then a fourth rounder. If Edwards does not resign next year then we have an option with Lloyd next year. Its worth looking into atleast.

im surprised no one has posted that video of him yet ducking on that pass when he was with the niners
Originally posted by asu49ers:
im surprised no one has posted that video of him yet ducking on that pass when he was with the niners

Originally posted by YungAce:

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball!!
Originally posted by YungAce:

Panthers and Cam
Share 49ersWebzone